Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Broken Controller Casing

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Danai, May 28, 2016.

1. Danai

Hi all,

I have sold my Phantom 3 Advanced but unfortunately the buyer has sent photos of a broken controller; obviously it was broken in transit. It looks to my as it is just a crack in the casing rather than any functional issue.

I only had limited insurance on my parcel and knowing Parcelforce they will fight it so I am looking for a way to replace the casing for the customer as cheaply as possible, does anyone have any ideas?

I'm also from the UK so I will need a UK supplier or repair centre!

Danai

2. Avocet

I say buyer and seller are expected to share the risk. Neither can prove the other negligent and neither can prove a 3rd party negligent either. If it was insured, take advantage of that, that's why you bought the insurance.

If I'm selling I make sure that prior to shipping, the buyer acknowledges my claims that there is no known injury or damage to the item.

If I am the buyer I make sure the seller has my acknowledgement and that seller acknowledges that the item has arrived damaged as I took possession.

Seller take warning, buyer beware.

Hate it when that happens.

3. Danai

I managed to find a seller who had upgraded to a Phantom 4 recently and had a spare controller and bought it for £100, which to my knowledge is well below the market price.

Hopefully a cheap solution to a costly situation!