Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Broken compass cable - related to GPS issue?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by jeremyjsand, Apr 1, 2014.

1. jeremyjsand

I got a Phantom 2 Vision from Amazon Warehouse deals, and it ended up having more damage than expected. Beyond the expected cosmetic damage, 3 of the 5 pins on the compass connector are broken.

I'm unable to calibrate the compass (no surprise), connect to any GPS satellites, or see any info about my GPS unit in the Assistant software (it shows only zeroes whereas other units like the quad itself and the camera show current versions). Would this break possibly explain my GPS issues, or am I looking at a bigger issue here?

Thanks for your help.

2. Mori55

Seriously ???

3. gfredrone

The first one I got from amazon had been severely crashed into the California ocean and the battery was exploded. Ask me how I know...? This was not a refurbished unit but was supposed to be a new unit.

There was a letter in the box from the previous owner explaining how he lost total control and his overview of the crash.

I sent it back to Amazon and they overnighted me a brand new one the next day. They also gave me a $150 credit to use on Amazon.com for the inconvieence.

I'd send it back.

4. jeremyjsand

Thanks for that info. I was hoping to save it with a $20 replacement compass, but I'll definitely contact Amazon.

5. w0by

That is one of the funniest stories I've heard.