Broken compass after crash - Do I need it?

Reaction score
Hi all. So i had a crash and it broke the compass. Somehow the compass connector on the board bent and when I tried to straighten it - it broke. Yeah I know i'm stupid. Anyway, now I obviously don't get any GPS and a consistent compass calibration error. so, heres my question.

If I unplug the compass and fly in ATTI mode, how do I get the software to stop popping up a GPS error warning? Do I really need the compass, when I am prepared to fly fully manual or ATTI modes?

IMG_0700.JPG

So here is a photo. The compass plug is broken and cannot be resoldered back on.

Hi all. So i had a crash and it broke the compass. Somehow the compass connector on the board bent and when I tried to straighten it - it broke. Yeah I know i'm stupid. Anyway, now I obviously don't get any GPS and a consistent compass calibration error. so, heres my question.

If I unplug the compass and fly in ATTI mode, how do I get the software to stop popping up a GPS error warning? Do I really need the compass, when I am prepared to fly fully manual or ATTI modes?

Hi, I have same problem. Did you ever figure this out?

You have 3 choices:
1) send board for repair ( can be fixed )
2) new main board
3) old style GPS unit with old style compass, or pop off cover plate of anti-static compass, and use longer v2 compass wire ( grey one not white )as it hooks directly to the compass, and NOT the mainboard.

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I havent tried it yet (been wanting to but dont have the need as i have a P3)

You can get an integrated compass and gps and plug directly into the NAZA.
NEO-M8N GPS & Compass for DJI Naza-M V2/Lite Flight Controller Compatible
The chip in the P2 series is a version 6. The chip in the link is a version 8.

You can modify it to fit inside the phantom by shaving the top shell.

I havent tried it yet (been wanting to but dont have the need as i have a P3)

You can get an integrated compass and gps and plug directly into the NAZA.
NEO-M8N GPS & Compass for DJI Naza-M V2/Lite Flight Controller Compatible
The chip in the P2 series is a version 6. The chip in the link is a version 8.

You can modify it to fit inside the phantom by shaving the top shell.

Would this work for the P3 Pro? The compass connector on my P3 pro mainboard broke off and now I'm trying to find out whether I can replace the connector, attach a separate device, or if I have to send it in.

Would this work for the P3 Pro? The compass connector on my P3 pro mainboard broke off and now I'm trying to find out whether I can replace the connector, attach a separate device, or if I have to send it in.
Im not sure about the p3 series. I dont think it would work as the gos chip is written for the naza. The p3 does not use naza.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20