Broken camera gimble and motor shaft thread

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Had a bad crash last WE in which one prop came off while hovering, the quadcopter then flipped over and came crashing down on its back. Gimble arm broke off at the ball joint with the cable violently detached and also the thread of the motor shaft from which the prop was detached is damaged so that a prop cannot be attached. Please refer to the photos for details.

I wonder if this can be fixed. I have reasonable mechanical/electrical skills but am no genius. What parts would I need and what would they cost. Alternatively, what would DJI roughly charge for the repair work? Sorry to ask this here but I live in Japan and the local DJI rep. only speaks Japanese.

Thanks a lot
OsakaJo
(Bjoern)

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 294
From what I can see in the pic, you might be able to run a die over the thread for a fix on that.

Reactions: OsakaJo
From what I can see in the pic, you might be able to run a die over the thread for a fix on that.

Hey there and thanks for your reply. I was thinking about the same but wasn't sure if that may cause any balancing problems.

Unfortunately, it's possible there could be internal damage to the motor from the crash. Check to see that the motor turns freely. You'll know when you run it up if there's a balance issue. Best of luck.

Reactions: OsakaJo
When turning the motor shaft manually, it feels ok. No difference to the other motors. Smooth as silk.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4