Broken battery tray / main board mount

Reaction score
I recently suffered a crash after a fly away and loss of control out of sight. See my other thread about it. In replacing the shell, I noticed this - the main board was not secured in there and that all four rubber mounts that secure the main board down to the battery tray were broken off, one corner completely cracked off.

Not sure if this broke off in the crash or it was broken before and maybe contributed to the crash. No way of knowing, but I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this. You would only notice it if you remove the shell. With all the shell cracks going on out there on the p3, I'm wondering if this is an inherit problem as well. It's just cheap plastic with four very small weak plastic pegs coming up covered with rubber.

I never balanced my aftermarket carbon fiber props I put on many flights ago and suspected they were out of balance after hand catching a few times - I could feel the craft vibrating a lot. My dumb *** didn't want to be bothered with balancing them, I just wanted to fly! Now I'm wondering if all those flights with vibrations that bad caused these mounts to break, causing unsteady flight and other problems.

Anyway, it's pretty annoying that this battery tray doesn't come with the new shell, and they don't even sell it. Maybe there's a reason they don't sell it?? I ordered one off eBay from that guy that 3d prints them. Can't wait to see how it works. Anyone else have this problem and use this replacement?

Sorry, here's a pic of the broken piece:

Attachments

• 1446387761681.jpg
    1446387761681.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 562
The board its self seems to RARELY break!

How does the main board attach to the battery tray? I see the 4 (rubber) standoffs. Are there screws into those? Simple friction? Can you set the battery tray on the main board showing the broken leg where it normally would have been?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub