Broken antenna

Reaction score
Trying to slim my bird controller down to fit into what was supposed to be designed hard case. Just figured the antennae unscrewed from a port of some kind... They don't!! After just a few turns I heard a pop and one of the wifi antennas separated and it looked as if I have only an inch of wifi antennae which I managed to jam back on. All systems appear to work well yet I'm only getting half the distance I previously had.. Any ideas would b great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Trying to slim my bird controller down to fit into what was supposed to be designed hard case. Just figured the antennae unscrewed from a port of some kind... They don't!! After just a few turns I heard a pop and one of the wifi antennas separated and it looked as if I have only an inch of wifi antennae which I managed to jam back on. All systems appear to work well yet I'm only getting half the distance I previously had.. Any ideas would b great.

I'd try sending it in to DJI for warranty repair with the antenna removed. Just say it came off, which it did. I think they'll turn that around fairly quick. The Carson, CA facility has been doing about 2wk turns lately, so I hear.

Great time to do the antenna mod., you are halfway there.
the rock..nod.gif

I had a similar issue today. had the phantom in follow me mode and was riding the moto on the beach. controller was balancing on the handle bars... now that I look back on it, was bound to happen. haha. controller bumped off and one of he antenna snapped. anyone know where you can buy replacement antenna's? and what is this antenna mod?

You can easily fix this using a two components adhesive.
Make sure that the antenna can still rotate during glueing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie