Broken Antenna/DBSMods

Reaction score
Recently I got a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and have been really enjoying it. My only complaint so far has been the range. The other day, I accidentally broke off the stock antenna. This leaves me with two questions. 1)Does anybody have any experience with the DBS Mod for the standard? I would also like other recommendations for range extenders if anybody has any. 2)Will modding the controller still require the stock antenna which, as stated previously, has been broken off? Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

nope you wont need stock antenna anymore get a dbs mod you will be very happy with it

I bought my P3P with a broken antenna on the transmitter. I bought this for $35 and it has been working better than the stock antennas so far. They probably are not AS good as the DBS Mod one but they get the job done. For your second question, I took my stock antennas out. Here's a video on how to do it for the most part. He leaves the stock ones in and drills new holes, but other than that its the same installation.

I bought my P3P with a broken antenna on the transmitter. I bought this for $35 and it has been working better than the stock antennas so far. They probably are not AS good as the DBS Mod one but they get the job done. For your second question, I took my stock antennas out. Here's a video on how to do it for the most part. He leaves the stock ones in and drills new holes, but other than that its the same installation.
he has a standard those wont work

nope you wont need stock antenna anymore get a dbs mod you will be very happy with it
How much of a range boost can I expect with the mod? I currently get about 1000 meters on a good day

probably triple the range

Get the DBS mod for sure. I got close to 10,000 feet and could have gone more. The video doesn't cut out at all. The RC signal cuts out before.

Here's a video from the other day.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get the DBS mod for sure. I got close to 10,000 feet and could have gone more. The video doesn't cut out at all. The RC signal cuts out before.

Here's a video from the other day.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks for the information! Was this video from a Phantom 3 Standard?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj