Broke 2 km!

Or feet? Centimetres.? Inches? 10,000 km is possible. But not with 70% left

Los Angeles to Moscow with a few zig-zags along the way it could.

Maybe there's supposed to be a decimal point there somewhere, or less zeros.
did i say 10000km, lol yeah lets take that down a few continents.

Good one.

It's all about the tail wind and flying in ATTI mode. If you can break 50mph, you'll get to 5000m fast. I don't use tracking anymore, just hope I don't crash far out. lol. But yeah, flying in a rural area on top of a hill will help alot.

I was also mentioning to another forum member about video reception that if you could, making your own CP antennas and helical is the best and cheapest solution. I made it out to 5k on a DIY 3 turn helical and DIY CP antennas.
3.11 mile's I can see in atti with a tail wind but it would seem like to me you ya would have to have it coming back also !! That's a good run !!
I use FPVLR antenna's and the best I have got ...so far is just over 1.59 .
I wouldn't even consider doing runs with out a tracker though .:eek:

3.11 mile's I can see in atti with a tail wind but it would seem like to me you ya would have to have it coming back also !! That's a good run !!
I use FPVLR antenna's and the best I have got ...so far is just over 1.59 .
I wouldn't even consider doing runs with out a tracker though .:eek:

Ok, you guys are right :p, I just watched my FPV vid again and I got it mixed up with my bixler. I made it out on the Phantom to 5600m with about 70% battery left, the home leg of the trip took it up to a total of over 10000 meters and that was not 70% left in the tank lol

Which FPVLR are you using?

Thank you for confirming the numbers, we were getting ready to steal your bird.

Ok, you guys are right :p, I just watched my FPV vid again and I got it mixed up with my bixler. I made it out on the Phantom to 5600m with about 70% battery left, the home leg of the trip took it up to a total of over 10000 meters and that was not 70% left in the tank lol

Which FPVLR are you using?
Stage 3 set . I wasn't doubting you ether bro I just thought ....dang :)

8B6AA570-DDB4-4409-B825-67FBBB255F3F.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I edited your post. The first one is your link with the
Code:
[img]your_image_link[/img]
bb code and the second is your link in the picture loader.

I assume you are still trying to post this from an iDevice, if so use the image bb code.

Make sense?

I edited your post. The first one is your link with the
Code:
[img]your_image_link[/img]
bb code and the second is your link in the picture loader.

I assume you are still trying to post this from an iDevice, if so use the image bb code.

Make sense?

Do we each get a "DECODER RING"?

Sorry TJ, I'll quit now. :rolleyes:

I got 1.2 Km today using Ultimate Flight App with my completely stock V-plus. FPV was crystal clear and I could have gotten more but got scared lol. You guys gave me the bug.

Here's my personal best. Did it over the ocean using FPVLR antennas for video and stock transmitter. This was back in the day when I had total confidence in my P2. Not so much any more. No plans to go farther.

3km.jpg

Hahah bug! Sure is! Wow 3km! Thats really impressive, what are fpvlr? Do you have a link for this antenna...
Also is it for the radio control? Or video

Reason I ask I wasn't too happy with my video signal,I can do with a change of aerials!

I'm so bummed. I got 1.16kms from my AVL58 using FPVLR clover leaf?? on the bird and 5 coil helical on the receiver and it was crystal clear. I could have gone further.

Then I upgraded to the immersionrc 600mw and today tested (in a different place, but still over water) and got only the patchiest 1.22kms out of it. Totally unusable 1.22km as well, as it was breaking up all over, and definitely not able to rotate the quad without total loss, but the weird thing is, the antenna on the quad is now lower than everything else, so shouldn't matter which way it's facing. 3x the power on vtx and only gained 60 metres and lost a lot of quality of feed.

Will have to try different channel combinations etc again. That was a slow tedious process with the AVL58 to fly out, come back, try a different channel combo, fly back out, come back in, change channel, repeat and repeat and repeat, till I found it's perfect combo of channel, band, and antenna (I own a heck of a lot of different ones I've bought to try and fix this range issue)

Now on the immersion I guess I'll have to do the same thing till I find what channel and antenna mix it likes the most.
I was kind of hoping to have it all sorted and getting good usable flights out of it after 60+ flights, but instead I'm still trying to solve FPV range issues.

Oh well, it gives me something to do when I fly it. Heaven forbid I get to use it to just leisurely fly and explore, and enjoy myself rather than test setup LOL

I am having similar issues, video signal really bad knocks the confidence. I am also going to try different things.

Guys, my apologies if I am maybe out of the correct thread, but I have newbie question. Could you use Mission Planner with the phantom 1.1.1?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj