Brocken camera

Reaction score
Hi just snapped my camera off phantom s3 advanced is it possible to glue it with anything. It looks like it would glue with something but not sure what type of glue. Also need a new ribbon.

Thank you for any help.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
80a6117bc79d0290b2ccb8b4020bb80d.jpg
f686fa9f7fcd476f04feb556b4657aab.jpg

Go ask a plastics shop. They sold me some watery stuff in a needle equipped squeeze bottle that welds up plastic. The better shops can tell what plastic it is and what glues to use.

Hello
Sorry to hear it got broken, bummer!
I personally would search for a replacement arm! This would be your best SAFEST bet, as it would be 100% again, I've seen several of those parts around, pretty common repair! And fairly cheap as well!
( this will also insure all your plains ( horizontal, verticle ) will be level and true.( this in my recommendation to you! ) but also my opinion, please do what you want, only advice to you!

If you are set on mending part
( I don't recommend ) as stated before, if it glues out of level or slightly off center, your camera may not level out correctly? ( you might get lucky! )
Plus if joint fails you stand a chance of loosing a $300 camera, so that $20 part ain't a bad buy!

If I were to try a repair,
I would use 2 part epoxy, as the parts are aluminum ( I call it pot metal ) as it is a low grade cast aluminum ( cannot weld or braze it ) epoxy is strong stuff! Most likely does not matter what epoxy you use, as long as it bonds to metal!

Good luck, and keep us informed!

Hope this helps!
J Dot
:cool:

I'm not sure?
I know people fly without them all together but no FPV or telemetry!
But with the ( damaged ) base of gimbal attached you might get telemetry, but not sure if you'll get a gimbal error or not?
I'd ask around on that!
Or hook it up, turn it on see if you get any errors!
( some people were taking the cameras off to learn to fly, then replacing them after they were confident of their piloting abilities! )
But I've never fooled with it on the 3's before, but I know the P2's you can 100% fly with no camera or gimbal!
I just don't want to give you the wrong advice!
Maybe post a question about it on p3 board, or there might be an old post about it already? If you would rather search it out!

Hope this helps
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Just take of the whole camera from the mount, unplug the cables and your good to go. It flies a lot faster without the camera hooked up and flies just fine :)

Reactions: J Dot
Hello
Here is a link to one on eBay, kinda pricey though

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142039754733

Or call
Mike Holtz
( 530 ) 277-5366
Great guy, great parts, great price!
I'm sure he has anything you need!
Tell him Jerry from Florida sent you!
As I buy a lot of stuff from him, he might give you a nicer deal, or a good used one cheap!

Good luck
J Dot

Double check that all ribbon connections are correctly inserted fully into their slots, also check wiring closely, as a wire may have pulled loose from connector?
Next
Since the top plate was cracked, there is a square circuit on the gimbal mainboard, that can get smashed in a crash, pretty large square component, look over it closely for damage , as well as all connectors on mainboard of gimbal for broken solder joints, or bent pins
Are you getting any lights on gimbal at startup?
Lastly
Can you take some detailed pics of wiring and ribbon, maybe something is a miss?

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Do you guys usually put the camera protector back on when storing your drone or just leave it loose?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's call a "gimbal lock". Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't, depending on how far I'm traveling to my flight area, and how I'm traveling. Backpacking, airlines and bicycling to reach my flight area I'll use it. Traveling by car nearby, usually not.

Ok thanks. Everything looks ok on circuits. I think a slight kink on the cable. Have ordered another just to be sure. I will take photos of everything. The gimble light is flashing red and green. On start up the gimble does move about but the camera part is pointing in various directions. I will put on new cable with photos when I get it and get back.

Thanks again so far.

Do you guys usually put the camera protector back on when storing your drone or just leave it loose?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using PhantomPilots mobile app
Are you shitting me. Seriously this is just such adding insult to injury. If you were serious then think about it, if not piss off

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj