Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Brisbane, Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheSnowman, Aug 9, 2016.

1. TheSnowman

Good day everybody,

New to forum and new to drones, haven't even got one yet, so I'll be hanging out in the Australia section looking for advice on where to get the best bargains - I pretty much know that I love the Phantom 4 !!!

Then I'll need all the goodies to go with it, so I'll be here for awhile, cheers

John

artheserenity likes this.
  2. artheserenity

Welcome John, I'm also new to the forum, (Central West, NSW, Aust.) and new to Droning (P3S). The past couple of weeks i've been searching the forum for tips and advise with great results. I'm sure you will too. Here in NSW i've found "Rise Above Aerials" to have competitive pricing with advise to go with it.

Good luck, I don't think you will go wrong with a DJI P4
    Cheers
    Greg

3. AWESOME AUSSIE FLYOVERS

im from sydney i buy and get great service from CAMZILLA LINDFIELD repairs are cheap and fast has brought my P2+-P3A and mid august the P4 WELCOME TO THE FORUM

artheserenity likes this.
  4. TheSnowman

Hello again,

Still have not purchased, very close but price seems to change daily!

Has anyone bought from eBay and shipped in from Hong Kong, Taiwan etc????

They seem to think you can miss out on being charged GST, is it just a matter of luck?

Thanks, John

5. TheSnowman

6. With The Birds

Agree the repair service is good and a great benefit if you are close to the store.

No advantage for warranty repairs. Now that DJI has their own repair facility in Australia (Melbourne) if you are claiming warranty repair Camzila needs to ship your AC off for evaluation to EHobbies (their distributor) and it will probably get repaired by DJI if approved. This adds time. If you go to DJI direct with a problem you get an RMA and shipping label for the Melbourne facility. At least a week faster (minimum) and less hassle.

Given no real advantage in repair times you can save a few dollars and just go for the best price. DWI (HK seller) has fast shipping and an Australian presence now to handle warranty claims.

I needed a warranty repair recently and was back flying within a week (shipped to melbourne from sydney) with no cost or hassle.

7. With The Birds

There may be some luck involved however it is mostly lying and cheating.

In most instances they simply under quote the value (declare less than $1000AU including shipping).

In some cases where it is obvious the declared price is way under value they will actually remove the internal packaging and mess things up a bit and describe it as a used item or claim that it is a warranty return or repair with a repair and or shipping cost.

If the price is good you can still be in front with duties and GST applied. Allow for the fact itnay well be levied on entry.