Bright sun & FPV

Reaction score
One thing I never gave much thought to before Phantom flying was the position of the sun. But now I find it has a huge effect as to which direction I do my flying. Since adding a FPV monitor I have a new issue. I now tend to fly away from the direction of the sun, so I can see the craft as clearly as possible. But of course the monitor mounted to my TX is facing the direction of the sun. So either have to turn away from facing the craft to give the monitor some shade. Or stick my face as near to the sun shade on the screen as possible! I use a Boscam Galaxy D2 FPV Monitor, which although has what looks like an effective sun shield is still very difficult to see anything on the screen apart from very cloudy days! And does not have any brightness/contrast controls to help adjust the picture. Are all FPV monitors this bad and are there any tips to get over this issue. Idealy I would like to not have to turn away from where the craft is flying but alternate between the screen & LOS.

cheers

bill

I built a sunshade out of card board that is real long with a cut out curve in the top for my forehead. This way I barely need to lean my head forward to see the screen and still be pointing at the quad. I often fly most of my flight with my head poked in this thing. Lol

jasonnelson007 said:
I built a sunshade out of card board that is real long with a cut out curve in the top for my forehead. This way I barely need to lean my head forward to see the screen and still be pointing at the quad. I often fly most of my flight with my head poked in this thing. Lol
Could you post a picture?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik