bricked LiPo

Reaction score
I have 4 original DJI batteries for my P2.... suddenly one of them just doesn´t work... it is fully charged and always handled with care......
It has worked in the past, but suddenly just don´t let me start the motors..... I insert the battery and P2 switch on OK, and even satellites acquisition goes OK, but as soon as I execute the command for start the motors LEDs turn RED and the motors just never start ..... as soon as I change the battery everything is back to normal.... I've sent the battery to a DJI authorized center and they could´nt find anything wrong with the battery asking me to sending the P2 (which I didn´t agree because it is working perfectly with my other 3 batteries) .... Connecting the P2 to the assistant software doesn´t show any upgrade to the "bad" battery.....

Is there any suggestion out there to bring back the battery no "normal" ???

Thanks in advance

Are the spade contacts clean? If they get a bit dirty or oxidised the Phantom may read the voltage ok, but will fall over as soon as any current is drawn.

Also check the tiny (almost hidden) monitoring contacts

Philip

This happened to me.

I was unable to charge my battery after it being stored for a few months. I couldn't start the motors as the battery did not have enough charge, yet, upon plugging it into the charger it wouldn't take. The charge progress LEDs weren't lighting indicating a charge, etc etc.

What I did was pull the battery from the Phantom without turning it off, then quickly taking it over to the charger and hooking it up. It took a couple of tries, but now it functions normally.

One thing to try is to find a way to drain the battery down to absolutely nothing, and then recharge and start from there. I had an issue with a brand new battery where it would charge and start up the phantom but would refuse to give proper thrust , after draining to death and recharging all was fine. The 'intelligent' part of the battery seems to freak out a bit every now and then, the storage may have done this if the charge completely died, a full cycle might help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl