Breaking your old records. Exciting moments!

Reaction score
In my short time with the Phantom and on this site I've learned that there's 2 types of pilots. Ones who play it safe and ones who push the envelope (RTH) every flight.
I keep breaking my old records and I love sharing and hearing about everyones similarly exciting new moments. I don't have pics with low enough resolution (or the software) to upload to this site so i'll just post my facebook link for those who want to check the stats out.
Im crazy excited because today i broke my old record by over 100 feet. i went from 5,717 feet to 5,855 feet. I'm super stoked about that but they're are 2 bits of better news.
1. i did it in under 400 feet alt. before (at the farmland) i had to go 800 feet up in order to get passed 4600 feet out.
2. i did it from my front lawn!!!
I use to drive 20 minutes to this farmland for open air and to avoid interference. the comfort of knowing landmarks and that i can do this from home just made my phantom plus even more awesome. i'm working on the video now.

please post your screenshots and video's here as you excel past your old records.
If you have mods, list which ones and where you got them from. (maybe even list what limits you had without the mods)
If you're like me and you dont have the software to lower the resolution, to this sites requirements, just post it to your social media page and share the link. Maybe gain a friend or 2. thanks for sharing :)

https://www.facebook.com/NeomayaDeJesusDavila

*******EDITED... misunderstood OP

IMHO, there is much more excitement in exploring out. Go long distance.

I have been pushing my own limits with FPV, but low. Also, I've been flying over some more crowded spaces (urban)etc. I will risk (and take responsibility for) a ground collision with property or (G-d forbid) a person.

i think neoneo is talking about his record in distance out, not altitude...

@neoneo have u tried using the booster app to see if you can break your record? this would be a good test for the app since you have pushed the limits several times

plasmo said:
i think neoneo is talking about his record in distance out, not altitude...

@neoneo have u tried using the booster app to see if you can break your record? this would be a good test for the app since you have pushed the limits several times

yea i dont like going above 400 feet at all. but i had to to break my distance records up until today. some way some how i got 5800+ at just below 400ft.
the videos are way better the lower you are. every now and then i feel froggy and test my altitude. my highest is 1717. but i've only pushed those limits 3 times out of my 48 flights so far. i push my distance almost every flight. i want to see what conditions effect what.
when i started this thread i meant distance. but a broken record is a broken record. when i surpass my previous limits, up or out, try to tell my family members and they look at me like im talking in a different language lol. so i figured we phantom pilots could share those moments with eachother. even if its daily. especially if it's daily!

DrJoe said:
I will risk (and take responsibility for) a ground collision with property or (G-d forbid) a person.

Easily one of the most irresponsible things I have ever seen here. How exactly are you going to take responsibility if your collision actually seriously injured or killed someone? I know that's a huge stretch but it is not an impossibility. But so glad you care more about your records than anyone's person or property.

With the FPVLR stage 1 kit for the vision plus i was able to get out to 1500 feet under 250 ft altitude :/ Is that good? I really dont like flying much higher than that because i live in a very dense area in miami, fl. with lots of air traffic. I think this weekend ill drive out to the farmlands and test it (not kidding, we have farmlands to).

As i currently run on CE setting for the RC to test some antenna's i made because to investigate there range it would be a terrifying experience and surely a loss of the bird if i set it to 100mW or FCC mode on the RC.
Today experimented with the home-brewed 11turn helical on the RC.
10 turn helical front/back on the bird and i had to stop @ 55% off battery.
Also no external booster for FPV, just the booster app.
The bird face a mild headwind when heading out.
I still had RC control and FPV but i had the RC set to failsafe.

This is what i got on 55% left

25mW.jpg

kgarrison said:
Easily one of the most irresponsible things I have ever seen here. How exactly are you going to take responsibility if your collision actually seriously injured or killed someone? I know that's a huge stretch but it is not an impossibility. But so glad you care more about your records than anyone's person or property.

Out of curiosity: What would you do if you took your Phantom to the park...no one around...lifted off, lost total control, and it flew off into a neighborhood a few miles away where it ultimately crashed resulting in property damage or personal injury? This is an improbable occurrence, but it is absolutely possible that each and every time you launch your Phantom this *COULD* happen. The only way to be 100% certain this will never happen is to fly far enough from people that you are outside of the Phantom's flight envelope. That is more than 10 miles. If this is the margin of safety we are expected to exercise, then most of us would be unable to fly.

My point is all Joe was saying is that, should something happen, he would be responsible for any damages or injuries, just as I'm sure you would be if your Phantom flew away and caused damage or injury.

Dirty Bird said:
kgarrison said:

Out of curiosity: What would you do if you took your Phantom to the park...no one around...lifted off, lost total control, and it flew off into a neighborhood a few miles away where it ultimately crashed resulting in property damage or personal injury? This is an improbable occurrence, but it is absolutely possible that each and every time you launch your Phantom this *COULD* happen. The only way to be 100% certain this will never happen is to fly far enough from people that you are outside of the Phantom's flight envelope. That is more than 10 miles. If this is the margin of safety we are expected to exercise, then most of us would be unable to fly.

My point is all Joe was saying is that, should something happen, he would be responsible for any damages or injuries, just as I'm sure you would be if your Phantom flew away and caused damage or injury.

Obvious and if someone is panicking about it then don't even come outside your house. Some drunk can overrun you on the sidewalk, never drive a car because you can hit or even kill a kid thats playing and doesn't notice any traffic when he/she chaises a ball.
I have personal insurance ( called a family insurance here ) that covers any damage.

Did a pb today :)..was a little bit of wind but mostly calm/cloudy. Got out to around 880m and then "control signal lost" and shortly after "phantom connection broken" (I flicked to failsafe). Satellites were mostly around 9-10, so whether that contributed to lost signal i don't know. Was my first time in Naza mode and I was using the vision+ pro utility app boosted at max. Hope to do a few more runs before Tony's antennas come :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140824_144851.jpg
    IMG_20140824_144851.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 312

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj