BREAKING!!! U.S. Will Require Drones to Be Registered

Huge difference. What's funny is you call them the same. Media has an agenda. Period.
The fear mongering by the media is big money ,agenda backed and usually with an end goal (even if that's just to make more money through readership).

Fear mongering (or scaremongering or scare tactics) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end.

What you call "fear mongering" here is actually nothing more than hobbyist fearful that big money and big government will ruin their fun. They have no "agenda" to influence others per se.

Again, huge difference.
No Sensei, when people make bombastic posts such as "Registration is the first step to confiscation" that is fear mongering.

fear·mon·ger·ing
ˈfi(ə)rˌməNGəriNG/
noun
  1. the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue.
    "his campaign for re-election was based on fearmongering and deception"
But I appreciate you once again attempting to tell me how I am not entitled to my opinions while you throw yours out to everybody like candy from a Shriner's float in a holiday parade...:)

Last edited:
Huge difference. What's funny is you call them the same. Media has an agenda. Period.
The fear mongering by the media is big money ,agenda backed and usually with an end goal (even if that's just to make more money through readership).

Fear mongering (or scaremongering or scare tactics) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end.

What you call "fear mongering" here is actually nothing more than hobbyist fearful that big money and big government will ruin their fun. They have no "agenda" to influence others per se. Call it "fear". But "Fear Mongering" is not correct.

Again, huge difference.
He can let government step in and control every aspect of his life and he will be happy to go along with it. I've looked at his other posts all over this forum and he doesn't post anything beneficial, he just disagrees with everyone.

The government needs to quit punishing everyone for the faults of a few idiots.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JKDSensei
He can let government step in and control every aspect of his life and he will be happy to go along with it. I've looked at his other posts all over this forum and he doesn't post anything beneficial, he just disagrees with everyone.

The government needs to quit punishing everyone for the faults of a few idiots.

Ahh, how sweet that you've taken the time to read all 1,077 posts I've made over the last 2 years.
Are you a student of Evelyn Wood perchance?

Yes, I think it is unfair that we are all punished due to the behaviors of a few idiots.
But now those idiots will have registration numbers, and if they need punished, only they will get the punishment while the rest of us can continue to fly. Works great for me!

Last edited:
Does the government regulate those Shriner's Floats? They should. Those little go-kart cars drive all around the parade endangering the lives of the spectators! They should be required to be registered!

No Sensei, when people make bombastic posts such as "Registration is the first step to confiscation" that is fear mongering.

fear·mon·ger·ing
ˈfi(ə)rˌməNGəriNG/
noun
  1. the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue.
    "his campaign for re-election was based on fearmongering and deception"
But I appreciate you once again attempting to tell me how I am not entitled to my opinions while you throw yours out to everybody like candy from a Shriner's float in a holiday parade...:)

Again, you are so far off....and don't even realize it.

Fear mongering is generally a more concerted effort staged my a better financially backed entity to influence large numbers of people toward an agenda. The media and the government are the best known fear mongering entities. Note that in your own example it was a campaign instilling the fear.

Fear is not the same as attempting to instill fear to an end. You don't get it...oh well.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinions. I never say otherwise. You are confusing accuracy with oppression.

Calm down. No need to go all "Shriner" on me. I'm entitled to my opinion as well.

Last edited:
Ahh, how sweet that you've taken the time to read all 1,077 posts I've made over the last 2 years.
Are you a student of Evelyn Wood perchance?

Yes, I think it is unfair that we are all punished due to the behaviors of a few idiots.
But now those idiots will have registration numbers, and if they need punished, only they will get the punishment while the rest of us can continue to fly. Works great for me!

Why are you so sarcastic with others? Can you not discuss without it?
That's twice in your last few posts.
You're coming across as quite defensive.

Reactions: Phoenix Outdoors
Here's where I see this thread heading.
The motorbike is the topic, the water is the flood of negativity.

Motorcycle-river-flood.gif

Stop the nit-picking and personal jabs.
If not you can earn yourself a warning.
The month is ending quickly and I am no where's her my quota!
385_smiley_face_cop.gif

Again, you are so far off....and don't even realize it.

Fear mongering is generally a more concerted effort staged my a better financially backed entity to influence large numbers of people toward an agenda. The media and the government are the best known fear mongering entities.

Fear is not the same as attempting to instill fear to an end. You don't get it...oh well.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinions. I never say otherwise. You are confusing accuracy with oppression.

Calm down. No need to go all "Shriner" on me. I'm entitled to my opinion as well.

I'll play along:

noun
a person who creates or spreads alarming news.
Also called fearmonger [feer-muhng-ger, -mong-] (Show IPA).

the definition of fearmonger

English[edit]
Noun[edit]
fearmonger ‎(plural fearmongers)

1. Someone who spreads fear, or needlessly raises the alarm.  [edit][/paste:font]Translations[edit]
    alarmist — see alarmist
    Verb[edit]
    fearmonger ‎(third-person singular simple present fearmongers, present participle fearmongering, simple past and past participle fearmongered)
    1. To spread fear
    2. fearmonger - Wiktionary

TOP DEFINITION
fearmonger
One who spreads the idealogy of fear through propoganda to fulfill a concealed agenda. Similar to a terrorist, but it fights with information and not direct violence. Politicians, media personas, and internet posters can all be fearmongers.
Urban Dictionary: fearmonger

fearmonger
image: http://cf.ydcdn.net/1.0.1.42/images/dictionaries/Wiktionary-logo.png

Noun
(plural fearmongers)

• Someone who spreads fear, or needlessly raises the alarm.
Verb
(third-person singular simple present fearmongers,present participle fearmongering, simple past and past participle fearmongered)

• To spread fear.
Read more at Fearmonger dictionary definition | fearmonger defined

I can continue to post definitions, but I won't find the definition you've given to the word, because financial standing, backing, the exchange of finances, etc., has nothing to do with the definition no matter how many times you try to redefine the word.

And telling readers that registration is the first step to confiscation is pure fearmongering.

Last edited:
So tell me, what is the "agenda" of the members of this forum who post their fears?

It seems what you are doing is casting individuals here who are simply relaying their personal fears as the same as the media for example with a true agenda. I don't really believe anyone at this forum truly has the intent to spread fear as much as they are fearful of events.

I also believe most people here are capable of discerning the facts themselves and most realize that emotions are at play. But it certainly isn't willful or deliberate "fear mongering".

People are afraid the big government will interfere with their hobby. The best we can do is try to understand their fears and help them deal with them.

As far as registration leading to confiscation...well, times are a changing. A lot of things are happening in modern USA that were previously unthinkable. We can't accurately say registration will not lead to confiscation simply because we are not in a position to make that statement as fact. We'll all have to wait and see....and hope not.

I'll have a beer while you come up with your reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenix Outdoors
So tell me, what is the "agenda" of the members of this forum who post their fears?

Sigh....
Only one definition above mentions an "agenda." Just one.

But I'll take a stab at it:
If I think the gub'ement is overreaching, I will rebel against them. My rebellion will be more effective if others join me - that will surely send the message. Now I have several options of getting people to follow me. Fear is always effective - I'll get them to support my rebellion by scaring them into believing that if they register their drone it will eventually be confiscated because the gub'rment now has a way to trace it to them. Hopefully a bunch of drone owners will worry enough over this that they won't register their drone and if a whole lot of them are scared, then the gub'rment will hopefully abandon this violation of my right to own a drone anonymously...
That could be one agenda.

Sometimes agendas are very simple and self serving. Sometimes people make bombastic posts that really amount to nothing more than an attention grabbing cyber wave of the arms with the sole agenda of; "HEY! Look at Me!!! Please!" Fearmongering bombastic posts often serve this agenda.

:)

Reactions: Pulsar747n
@GoodnNuff & @JKDSensei - this is not the place to argue your off topic points.

Stay on topic please. Last warning people.

It seems what you are doing is casting individuals here who are simply relaying their personal fears as the same as the media for example with a true agenda. I don't really believe anyone at this forum truly has the intent to spread fear as much as they are fearful of events.

I also believe most people here are capable of discerning the facts themselves and most realize that emotions are at play. But it certainly isn't willful or deliberate "fear mongering".

People are afraid the big government will interfere with their hobby. The best we can do is try to understand their fears and help them deal with them.

As far as registration leading to confiscation...well, times are a changing. A lot of things are happening in modern USA that were previously unthinkable. We can't accurately say registration will not lead to confiscation simply because we are not in a position to make that statement as fact. We'll all have to wait and see....and hope not.

My agenda is to not have to register my hobby. And to not have to give the government another dime of my hard earned money. In less then 24 hours we will know what we are up against.

Geez. You guys make this sound completely invasive. Even if the DOT determines it has jurisdiction AND if it determines that registration is a good thing, it is merely a Registration of ownership. You will probably be required to report the Model # and Craft Serial # (which is already on your aircraft -- check the box it came in) along with your name and address. Retailers may be asked to do this at the time of sale and tack the registration fee onto the sale cost. If you sell your uav you should report a change in ownership.
All this aside, it is going to be a long *** time before this gets institutionalize. So you may want to Chiilax.

Let's all stop and take a breath. It sounds like we'll know a lot more in the near future. Then, let's face the realities. First, if you've adapted the technology used in a P3 or Inspire you've already given up rights and privacy that far exceed anything the government can do telling you where or when you can fly. Second, the greater threat is from special interests who would use government to suppress the activities of our "gnats" that could get in the way of their much grander design. Finally, we'd better learn to hang together or we most certainly might hang separately. In the end, it all has little to do with fear and a lot more to do with money.

-- zigs

Reactions: JKDSensei
Here's a good read pointing out many of the issues. It is from the Wall Street Journal. To get to it, go to the page, copy the article title and paste it into a google or bing search page. Then click the link to thw wsj.com article. You can bypass the paid registration requirement.

Drones Face New Regulatory Push

Reactions: GoodnNuff
...And aren't you sort of reinforcing the point people here are trying to make with this post? If you fly responsibly, like the VAST majority of Phantom owners, why in the hell SHOULD you have to register your quad? This is the equivalent of saying that because knives are used by a minority of people to commit murder, everyone has to register the contents of their utensil drawers.

The FAA/DOT absolutely knows that in the extraordinarily unlikely event that a quad was to collide with an aircraft, the quad would completely destroyed and the aircraft would likely be no worse for the wear. Ducks/geese weigh more than a Phantom for Pete's sake and there is no mass freak out on that front. I guess maybe farmers/zoos that own ducks should register them too?

This push to regulate is for two reasons, and these reasons alone:

1. To placate the tinfoil hat-wearing members of society that believe your average consumer drone runs silently and has X-ray capabilities that could spy on them violating sheep in their basements/garages, and

2. Tax revenue

More bloated government bulls#*t intended to squeeze the citizenry out of more of their cash, while posing as "protecting the public".
+1!:cool:

Registration is the first step to confiscation.

Exactly! +1! :eek:

First, if you've adapted the technology used in a P3 or Inspire you've already given up rights and privacy that far exceed anything the government can do telling you where or when you can fly.
-- zigs
Huh? What the heck is that supposed to mean? :confused:

Addendum: For all we know the technology is already baked into the P3's.
--zigs
In your dreams!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Addendum: For all we know the technology is already baked into the P3's.
--zigs
In your dreams!:rolleyes:

Thats what people said about a "kill switch" in iPhones, then it was made known in certain circles there was in fact a "kill switch" built in to iOS 2.0. It was not publicly made known till iOS 8.0. Keep in mind that DJI wants to keep selling items to hungry US consumers with disposable income. To do that they must keep the FAA happy. They have been working together for some time now. Who to say they haven't built in a "kill switch" of their own?
Think about it.
consider.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan