Breaking the law responsibly

Reaction score
Well I agree with another thread I just read a second ago. We all do things we shouldn't. I buzzed a National Park this weekend, Little River Canyon in Alabama. I have been photographing at Little River for years. Early on Sunday morning the place is all mine. I have never seen anyone before noon. I have to hike in to get to fall level and once in I doubt anyone would even notice the drone flying.
So I think it just boils down to common sense. I did email the people that run Little River park but never got a response on permits, yes, no or anything else. If there had been people swimming or anything I wouldn't have flew the drone period.

Little River from the drone by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

that's rad! I love LRC hope to take my Phantom next time I go. non-holiday weekdays and early mornings the place is indeed empty

Nice shot. Certainly the kind I'd love to take. Probably worth "breaking the rules". And I applaud your responsible attitude.

But this DOES bring up an interesting conundrum (you knew it would. ;-) ). What about the "spirit of the law". If I remember, the ban in National Parks was enacted largely because of drones disturbing the wildlife (the one article I read cited idiots buzzing the endangered mountain goats in Yellowstone). So... that in mind... does it MATTER that there weren't any humans in Little River... since it wasn't really humans that the law was meant to protect.

Just think of all the Spotted Owls that you made pee themselves, man! ;-)

ProfessorStein said:
Nice shot. Certainly the kind I'd love to take. Probably worth "breaking the rules". And I applaud your responsible attitude.

But this DOES bring up an interesting conundrum (you knew it would. ;-) ). What about the "spirit of the law". If I remember, the ban in National Parks was enacted largely because of drones disturbing the wildlife (the one article I read cited idiots buzzing the endangered mountain goats in Yellowstone). So... that in mind... does it MATTER that there weren't any humans in Little River... since it wasn't really humans that the law was meant to protect.

Just think of all the Spotted Owls that you made pee themselves, man! ;-)

I see very little wildlife a LRC. As many times as I have been there not even a snake. I do see a few birds but not many. I respect wildlife and am big on no trash. I think there are so many swimmers during the summer the wildlife shys away.
Desoto Falls next but it's a State Park.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj