Brand New Vision Plus Gimbal / camera at 45 degree angle

Reaction score
I haven't even installed propellers on my phantom plus yet and i already have a problem. I turned it on calibrated it , saw no gimbal calibration area in the assistant software. As soon as i power it on the camera gimbal sits at a home position of a 45 degree angle. If i sync it with the app i am able to level it off but i shouldn't have to do that. This is redic ! Anyone else suffering from this crap?
Thank you
Jon

I can't understand how this is a "ridiculous" problem, or a problem at all for that matter.

Some people like the camera pointing straight ahead, some like it at 45 degrees and some like it straight down. With a default setting right in the middle, nobody is more than 45 degrees from where they want it.

It's not exactly rocket science to take 2 seconds and adjust it where you like. What if the default setting was straight ahead but you wanted it pointing straight down?

It shouldn't be that difficult for you to find something to complain about that's a tad more legitimate.

Bigbells said:
I can't understand how this is a "ridiculous" problem, or a problem at all for that matter.

Some people like the camera pointing straight ahead, some like it at 45 degrees and some like it straight down. With a default setting right in the middle, nobody is more than 45 degrees from where they want it.

It's not exactly rocket science to take 2 seconds and adjust it where you like. What if the default setting was straight ahead but you wanted it pointing straight down?

It shouldn't be that difficult for you to find something to complain about that's a tad more legitimate.
He wasn't specific, but perhaps he means if you're looking at the camera, it is slanted 45 degrees as it would sit when not powered on and having removed the gimbal lock (not tilted down on axis).

the cameras default position should be level and straight ahead not facing down. You shouldnt have to make any adjustments to its home the first time you power it on . i think it could possibly indicate something wrong with the gimbal or software thats why i am concerned.

Jononator said:
the cameras default position should be level and straight ahead not facing down. You shouldnt have to make any adjustments to its home the first time you power it on . i think it could possibly indicate something wrong with the gimbal or software thats why i am concerned.
You should realize that what you think the default position "should be" is only your personal preference. I like the 45 degree position myself.

Bigbells said:

++++1
Really is hard to Press the tilt bitton.

Jononator said:
I haven't even installed propellers on my phantom plus yet and i already have a problem. I turned it on calibrated it , saw no gimbal calibration area in the assistant software. As soon as i power it on the camera gimbal sits at a home position of a 45 degree angle. If i sync it with the app i am able to level it off but i shouldn't have to do that. This is redic ! Anyone else suffering from this crap?
Thank you
Jon

You seem to think there is something wrong. This is how all of them are, the 45 degree angle is the default when powering on. Get used to changing it if you dont like that because they don't have any simple way to change the default.

Why do so many people come in here freaking out over things that are normal or saying one thing in the title and something completely different in their message.

I guess I'm getting old and cranky, but does anyone ever do a search? How many of these threads are the samething over and over?
For instance there was another post about what tablet is best to use. There's still a thread going on about this , just look!
Or Gimbal not working!! " I don't understand how fragile these are , I only ran into a brick wall".
How can you spend 1300 $ and not even look at the manual ? Or just come on this forum and not even read some of the threads about your question ? Ok done ranting.

Considered normal for now on power-up:
-- The gimbal will twitch some on the yaw axis, then settle down and stop twitching after 5-10 seconds
-- The gimbal should be level on the roll axis
-- The gimbal tilts down about 45 degrees on the pitch axis

After that, adjust the pitch if you like thru the vision app.

Mori55 said:
I guess I'm getting old and cranky, but does anyone ever do a search? How many of these threads are the samething over and over?
For instance there was another post about what tablet is best to use. There's still a thread going on about this , just look!
Or Gimbal not working!! " I don't understand how fragile these are , I only ran into a brick wall".
How can you spend 1300 $ and not even look at the manual ? Or just come on this forum and not even read some of the threads about your question ? Ok done ranting.

Lmao... There's a thread that asks: Tablet suggestion for Phantom vision+, 4 lines down there's another: Tablet suggestions? WTF?
However, not being a nasty person I have a suggestion for a tablet... Try a Panadol, Tylenol, Aspirin... Anything!

LOL. 45 degrees is default. Use the app to tilt it. You can not see without the app, cannot activate the camera function without it, so why is it hard to adjust the tilt?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Mori55 said:
I guess I'm getting old and cranky, but does anyone ever do a search?

The search feature on this message board is one of the most pathetic and useless searches I think I've ever come across (I'm talking about the advanced search). That is likely why you see so many of the same topics pop up. Have you ever tried using the search? If you did, did you actually get good results, or were you OK scrolling through the thousands of results that had little to nothing to do with your searches? It is absolutely abysmal.

Your right it sucks. , worthless. , but if you do a google search most of these threads show up. Also if you read through the forum most of these questions have been answered numerous times.
The good thing with google you'll also find slit of threads on RCgroups.

Mori55 said:
Your right it sucks. , worthless. , but if you do a google search most of these threads show up. Also if you read through the forum most of these questions have been answered numerous times.
The good thing with google you'll also find slit of threads on RCgroups.

Now that I can agree with! :D

Thanks for all your input guys i wasnt aware the 45 degree angle is the default. On my phantom 2 with the Zenmuse h3-2d the default was straight ahead level

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31