brand new vision 2 cant get into compass calibration ?

Reaction score
Hi All :
i just recieved my brand new phantm vision 2 and went to set it up as per the instructions for the first flight , although this in not my first phantom i had a v1.
after checking the software it was shipped with all the latest updates except the transmitter , updated that , now all is good ,,
we finally got a day today on the east coast that it wasn't snowing or -20 so i drove to a flying site to do the compass calibration and no matter how many times i switch s1 up & down i cant enter the calibration mode .i have green flashing lights and no error lights so am i good to go ???
apon returning home i hooked it up to the Assistant and the values , x, y ,z & mo appear to be in the normal range from what i have read . i tried to re bind the transmitter & phantom , checked the imu , and still it wont go into the mode
when connected i have 6+ satellites, all functions work , although i didnt power it up and take a flight as i didnt want a fly away
anyone got any ideas ??????
appreciate the feed back & help

Jeffn0506

;

Are you sure it didn't enter calibration mode without you noticing, then go out of calibration mode?

What I mean is,

I think if it enters calibration mode (solid yellow light) and you don't do anything, it won't stay there forever. After a little while (maybe 30 seconds or something) it'll leave calibration mode and go back to blinking lights. Any chance that this happened?

Just an idea. I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't enter calibration mode with you moving the S1 switch as instructed, but I'm not nearly as experienced as a lot of people in this forum.

Good luck!
-Jeff.

jeff
hi
like your name !
thanks for the reply , with 20 + years flying choppers i have just got into the "drones" & its like starting from scratch
yes im sure it just didn't go by the starting point . i froze my hands to the bone trying it several times . finally gave up & came home not a happy camper.. been on the internet all night trying to find an answer & cant . although everything ( all the lights ) & assistant appear too be ok i & where they should be im afraid to power it up into a hover > read about so many flyaways .
Jeff

Strange.
I would first reconnect to the software then detach the compass connection and see what reactions the software show.
From there you can get and idea if you have a bad connection or cable.

I am happy to report that the calibration problem has been solved
Thank you all for your help
Jeffn0506

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic