brand new vision+ 2 broken?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was on the 10th flight with my brand new vision plus 2 and started getting lines and interference whenever I moved the phantom in flight. As soon as the controls were let go picture would return with only slight interference. I landed the phantom put in a fresh battery and lost all picture camera functions and the SD card and GPS sat readouts as well as no indication of battery level. After charging the original battery the problem persisted. The phantom will lock into GPS mode and fly normally even without these functions. Did something break? Is there a connection I can check?

I'd hate to think this thing needs to be sent in for repairs with less than a dozen flights and not even a hard landing under its belt....

You lost binding between wi-fi extender and camera.
You have to rebind.

1) YOU WILL NEED BOX PHANTOM CAME IN!
2) turn on ( extender, Tx, then phantom )
3) turn on smart device, when you see the extender come up in your
Wi-fi list ( power and system lights on solid on extender ) press and hold RESET button on extender
Until SYSTEM light goes OUT!
4) wait until you pick up phantom wifi again, and hook to it.
5) open DJI APP
6) under SETTINGS, find BINDING ( click it )
7) scroll down till you see ( SCAN QR CODE ) click it
8) scan code on box side
9) now you should have a new MAC ADDRESS.
10) click BLUE CHECK top right screen
11) turn EVERYTHING OFF
12) turn on ( extender, Tx, then phantom )
13) connect smart device to phantom wifi
14) open app
15) click CAMERA
You should be like new!

Hope this helps!

Take care, Fly safe!

I not 100% sure?
But happened to me right after update!
I too was at a loss, so I started deleting possibilities
And finally figured out it was not bound? Strange?
But I did the binding sequence above, and it worked!
Scared me cause I just bought the plus extender ( RE700 )
For my vision non-plus to replace my RE500 model.
Flew it once, upgraded firmware, went to fly, and black screen!
I was really upset, got home and started deleting possibilities!
I even disassembled the camera thinking it was broke, nothing,
Finally about 1 hour later, I tried the obvious ( extender binding )
I thought it could not be that simple, but sure as ****, it was!
Go figure? Cause, unknown?

Take care, Fly safe!

Went through the rebind twice just to make sure I did it correctly. New mac address and all and still the same symptoms. No videos feed no battery satellite or SD card display. Shows good wife connection.
It seems like something more sinister is afoot. The connection to fpv getting broken up then upon landing failing all together seems like it would be a loose connection somewhere. Anyone have any idea what one it might be?

You'll have to open shell, follow cables to MC ( main controller )
Maybe unhook, and reattach cables ( maybe bad connection somewhere?
Also check cables CLOSELY for frays, or damage! Also look at all connections on
Gimbal and camera, maybe something jarred loose?

Keep us informed?

Take care, fly safe!

Think im just going to contact a dealer and find out what my options are warranty wise. i got to use it for less than a week before something went clearly wrong with it and ive checked everything over that could have been on my end, dont want to risk making things worse by taking it apart, i was hoping there might be a known issue of X connector controlling what i was describing not getting power or some such thing but where the problem seems unclear (and shared by more than a few folk on this board it sounds like it might be time to box it up and send it to someone who is more capable.

So a update, after calling the NYC service center/dealer and finding a person who spoke english clearly enough for me to understand them the gentleman was quickly able to determine that i have a bad Wifi repeater. Amazon is swapping my unit with a band new one since it was less than 30 days since my original purchase.

Happy ending.

I was having a similar problem too. I realized that I was closing out the app incorrectly. If I just hit home on my phone while on the camera page and reopened it for another flight, it would act the same way as you described, no battery or sat data, but good WiFi and real time video with no way to record or take pictures. If I would back button out of the program to the page that shows Camera, Settings and such, then back button twice to close the app out (prompted to push twice to close app), the next time I opened the app, everything worked fine. I have been doing this every time since and have not had the same issue again. I can duplicate the malfunction every time I just hit home button while on the camera page without closing the app all the way first.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4