Brand New to Drones and Video Editing

Reaction score

Not sure how I got the bug up my craw, but on Sunday my wife planted the seed. She wanted a drone and bought home a $57 dollar version that had choppy video and erratic flight. I got online and did some research on drones on Monday and by Wednesday I had a new DJI Phantom 4 Pro in my office. Now, I was born in the 60's. I did not grow up with joy sticks in my hands. I've never played video games...really had no reason to develop hand-eye coordination. So flying a drone seemed un-natural to me.

Wednesday evening I unpacked the new Phantom and charged the batteries. Took the setup home and decided to give it a try in my living room. Launched nicely on auto launch and then I crashed it into a wall. Put everything away before causing major damage. My son told me to try the flight simulator and I did. Took a few practice flights before I felt I was ready. Took the unit to work on Thursday and recorded the attached.

It may not be amazing aerial footage, but this is my first real flight with a drone...first time using joy sticks for anything...first time using Adobe Premier...first time posting on Phantasm Pilots. I can only imagine it's going to get better from here. This is testimony to how easy it is to fly this particular drone. If anyone is wondering if they can do it, I'm the poster child for that advert.

Last edited:

Not sure how I got the bug up my craw, but on Sunday my wife planted the seed. She wanted a drone and bought home a $57 dollar version that had choppy video and erratic flight. I got online and did some research on drones on Monday and by Wednesday I had a new DJI Phantom 4 Pro in my office. Now, I was born in the 60's. I did not grow up with joy sticks in my hands. I've never played video games...really had no reason to develop hand-eye coordination. So flying a drone seemed un-natural to me.

Wednesday evening I unpacked the new Phantom and charged the batteries. Took the setup home and decided to give it a try in my living room. Launched nicely on auto launch and then I crashed it into a wall. Put everything away before causing major damage. My son told me to try the flight simulator and I did. Took a few practice flights before I felt I was ready. Took the unit to work on Thursday and recorded the attached.

It may not be amazing aerial footage, but this is my first real flight with a drone...first time using joy sticks for anything...first time using Adobe Premier...first time posting on Phantasm Pilots. I can only imagine it's going to get better from here. This is testimony to how easy it is to fly this particular drone. If anyone is wondering if they can do it, I'm the poster child for that advert.
Yeh happy flyin:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Fly as much as possible in large open areas as you practice like a football/socker field in a park. This way you won't get nervous about crashing. Unlike that $57 drone, this guy gives you time to think.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1