Brand new PP with a few questions before my first flight...

Reaction score
Hey-

I got a AR Drone for Xmas and I've been flying it regularly since december until I finally got the urge to upgrade. My birthday is in May and my wife ended up getting my bday gift early so my FC40 should arrive from Amazon any day now. I went with the FC40 because it was only a few bucks more than standard fantom 1, but I wouldn't have to ditch the live view feature I love so much on the AR, but it still wasn't so dang expensive that I'd have $1000 flying around in the air and potentially be devastated if I had a crash.

Anyway, I've got a few pretty basic questions I was hoping the forum could answer before it arrives:

1) Is the FC40 less prone to fly aways because it operates on a different frequency then the standard Phantom 1?
2) How well does the RTH feature really work? Is it is reliable enough to use at the end of every flight as a way of getting my drone back or is it only for emergencies?
3) I live in the city (Bay area), I would really love to get lots of city videos and is residential neighborhoods, but how do they expect you to do that if every power line and wifi router could potentially set this thing into a fly away? Is there any guide to what I should really be most aware of to avoid signal interference?
4) I've been watching youtube videos and I know the most important steps are setup, compass calibration, and GPS lock on, is there any other important step I might be missing?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has time to chime in and help me get ready for my flight...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl