Brand New Phantom Vision.... Now what

Reaction score
So I just unboxed my phantom Vision :) ordered it with the free battery :)

Sadly I won't be flying for a few months as it is -12 to -30 degrees Celsius in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada BRRR I doubt the phantom will like that at all....

so I have lots of time to update etc....

so here is my question... is there a good checklist of what to do (and the best order to do it in) in an FAQ here... if not perhaps it is a good time for someone who has a lot of experience to make one up with links and such to how to videos etc..

just a thought...

but if someone would let me know what the best things to do are and what order to do them in etc that would be awesome

howdy THell, i'm in the same boat you are, just got mine today, opened it up, put decals on, props on, charged everything up, downloaded the update apps and registered with dji, will do a little more research before updating. probably wont do camera update till i see how my camera works, wont fly for a few days though, i live on a pond and will wait until i update everything and can go to a safer place for trials.if you come across a good update page let me know, i'll do the same. this forum really seems like a very usefull and cool place, just found it yesterday. good luck.

i flew mine in my bedroom this morning after doing the update haha.. used my ipad as the helipad ;)

would be scared to fly inside if for some reason you loose connectivity well it will try to return home to you...

by blasting 60 feet in the air --- into your ceiling probably breaking props and such thus crashing down to the ground not to mention the damage to your house etc...

I'll be patient... I have some smaller quads to play with inside....

There are 2 "pre-flight check lists" on this site...one for the original Phantom and one for the P2V. The P2V one can be found at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4650&p=33269#p33269
There was some talk about making these "sticky notes' just for new owners like yourself...as well as for others who want to have a schedule of actions to take when needed. I am not sure that the "sticky note" ability is part of this Forum, I have not seen anything like that here.

-12 to -30C?? How much is that in dog years?? It sounds mighty chilly....!

Topeeka said:
There are 2 "pre-flight check lists" on this site...one for the original Phantom and one for the P2V. The P2V one can be found at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4650&p=33269#p33269
There was some talk about making these "sticky notes' just for new owners like yourself...as well as for others who want to have a schedule of actions to take when needed. I am not sure that the "sticky note" ability is part of this Forum, I have not seen anything like that here.

Thank you very much

Topeeka said:

Actually... I brought up the topic of making these "sticky notes" but didn't follow up. Now that we have a very good checklist (due to the fact of so much participation from experienced members) I'll pursue this with Adam... I can't think of any better way to use a "sticky."

Thanks for reminding me... :D

Adam !!! You reading this, bro?

-slinger

Thanks Gunslinger....I think there are a few topics that would be appropriate for a "sticky" treatment..!! One that comes to mind is a very nice flow chart that another posted had on here that outlined the procedure for updating the software.

Thank you for the link :D

Topeeka said:
Thanks Gunslinger....I think there are a few topics that would be appropriate for a "sticky" treatment..!! One that comes to mind is a very nice flow chart that another posted had on here that outlined the procedure for updating the software.

Yep... Totally agree...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl