Brand new Phantom 3 Gimbal off centre "Help please"

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you can guess I am new to this.

The story so far, brand new Phantom 3 standard, on opening box gimbal lock was loose.

After reading the destructions I powered up the controller the app and the aircraft.

I got the update message which I followed through and was successful.

I then found my aircraft was not bound so I had to bind it to the controller.

My camera was clicking away, so I packed away for the night and had a read up on the forums.

I came across the hex screw article and yes my screw was loose. I have tightened this and now my camera is off centre. I have done the IMU calibration and the gimbal calibration. I am presuming as my camera was off centre when I did all the updates due to the loose screw it is off centre for good. Do I contact DJI or is there a fix?

The screw is now on the spindle flat.

I have not even got the propellers on yet.

Looking forward to being part of the community thanks in advance.
Wonderful forum and I am sorry if this is I has already been covered.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi everyone, as you can guess I am new to this.

The story so far, brand new Phantom 3 standard, on opening box gimbal lock was loose.

After reading the destructions I powered up the controller the app and the aircraft.

I got the update message which I followed through and was successful.

I then found my aircraft was not bound so I had to bind it to the controller.

My camera was clicking away, so I packed away for the night and had a read up on the forums.

I came across the hex screw article and yes my screw was loose. I have tightened this and now my camera is off centre. I have done the IMU calibration and the gimbal calibration. I am presuming as my camera was off centre when I did all the updates due to the loose screw it is off centre for good. Do I contact DJI or is there a fix?

The screw is now on the spindle flat.

I have not even got the propellers on yet.

Looking forward to being part of the community thanks in advance.
Wonderful forum and I am sorry if this is I has already been covered.

Recheck and make sure it is tightened exactly to the center of the flat side. If you cant get it centered contact @hunch on this forum. He is the local expert and knows his stuff with regard to the gimbal and camera.

Do a compass dance in a wide open grassy field.

The compass affects the gimbal. I forgot to install the compass this one time, and the gimbal started to move on its own.

There is also a clip where someone had compass issues (metal in the rebar and near large container vessels) and you could see the gimbal tilting as the phantom started to drift on its own.

Hi, thanks for the replies, I will try the dance in a large field after the weekend, and hope that works, or do I send it back as it has only just been taken out of the box? Or is this normal?

Who would you send it back to if you got from DJI it will go through as a repair. Please post a video of you doing the compass dance with a loose screw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31