Brand new Phantom 3 Advanced - Beeping on first boot

Reaction score
I just got a P3A, charged both the RC and the IFB. First boot, turned on controller all OK, light red. Boot up P3A, RC lights turns green (good) but P3A goes into four beep cycle that sounds like firmware update (based on what I've read) but there is no firmware on the SD, it's brand new. Gimbal light green, but beeping continues until shutdown. I contacted DJI, sent them a video and now await their response. Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,
Sean

Please post the video here.

You'll need to upload it elsewhere (like YouTube.com) and post the URL back here.

Yes, I can see the video.

What do you see in DJI GO?

Oddly nothing. After logging into the account I was presented with the screen where it appeared to be offering instruction on how to connect. Should I go through this again and report back? Anything that might keep this from shipping back I will gladly do!

Oddly nothing. After logging into the account I was presented with the screen where it appeared to be offering instruction on how to connect. Should I go through this again and report back? Anything that might keep this from shipping back I will gladly do!
I say 'Oddly' based on the many videos I watched while I waited for this to arrive, not based on any personal experience.

You could try upgrading the firmware. If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

No. Where did you buy it?

I can't hear any "bleeping" - sounds normal to me. I just think you haven't fully completed the first setup. It also makes that sound when one downloads files from the A/C?

Upgrade successful. Still beeping, no connection to phone so now diagnostic. Tried USB debug mode, remove reinstall app. Nada. Pulled out a Note 4 I was considering switching to for my work phone, added my gmail, installed app. Booted up, connection to controller successful, needed firmware BUT more importantly IMU Calibration warning appears in status bar. Upgraded RC, rebooted, calibrated IMU and its working fine. Thank you for your help! I

Upgrade successful. Still beeping, no connection to phone so now diagnostic. Tried USB debug mode, remove reinstall app. Nada. Pulled out a Note 4 I was considering switching to for my work phone, added my gmail, installed app. Booted up, connection to controller successful, needed firmware BUT more importantly IMU Calibration warning appears in status bar. Upgraded RC, rebooted, calibrated IMU and its working fine. Thank you for your help! I
That's great news Sean.
If you are interested, click here for a few basic tips that you may find useful going forward. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
Thank you all for the assistance and the tips as well, very good information to have. Can't wait to get out of my office this afternoon and take it up!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4