Brand New P4

Reaction score
I just got me new P4 in today. I was wondering before I open the box and go for it, I have a few questions. I am a previous P3P owner with DJI Go and Litchi on my phone. My P3P flew off a while back and didn't come home. Yeah, that sucked. But here I am with a new P4. I do not want to lose this one! Should I delete the apps off my phone and start over? Do I have to upgrade DJI Go and the P4? Is there any particular versions of the app and firmware that I should prefer out of the box? I am experienced with flying Go and Litchi, I had about 18 hours and my P3P. I have not had time to study what is good and bad about updating and whether I have to do it or not. I've heard that once you go to a particular version you can't go backwards. Just asking for suggestions before I crank her up and send her out :)

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Should I delete the apps off my phone and start over?
I don't delete my apps when I get new aircraft.

Do I have to upgrade DJI Go and the P4?
The DJI GO 4 app can also be used to fly the P4. Going forward, DJI will most likely only add new P4 features to DJI GO 4. So, it would be a good time to move over to that version of the app.

Is there any particular versions of the app and firmware that I should prefer out of the box?
I'm running the latest versions of DJI GO and the firmware. The good thing about the P4 is that you can roll the firmware back at anytime with the DJI Assistant 2 app.

Just asking for suggestions before I crank her up and send her out
Download and review the P4 manual to check out the new features/changes. You can download the manual from the P4 downloads page.

Reactions: Loz

The DJI GO 4 app can also be used to fly the P4. Going forward, DJI will most likely only add new P4 features to DJI GO 4. So, it would be a good time to move over to that version of the app.

I'm running the latest versions of DJI GO and the firmware. The good thing about the P4 is that you can roll the firmware back at anytime with the DJI Assistant 2 app.

Download and review the P4 manual to check out the new features/changes. You can download the manual from the P4 downloads page.
The DJI Assistant 2 App you're referring to, will that rollback the version of the app or bird firmware?

Thanks!

It rolls back the firmware.

It can't hurt to remove the apps, and reinstall them. I personally do that as a standard option. Seeing as you had a flyaway, I wouldn't fly without reinstalling your apps.

I know it may be unnecessary, but I have a separate tablet I use for flying, and I have a minimal amount of apps loaded on it.

It can't hurt to remove the apps, and reinstall them. I personally do that as a standard option. Seeing as you had a flyaway, I wouldn't fly without reinstalling your apps.

I know it may be unnecessary, but I have a separate tablet I use for flying, and I have a minimal amount of apps loaded on it.
Thanks man!

I just got me new P4 in today. I was wondering before I open the box and go for it, I have a few questions. I am a previous P3P owner with DJI Go and Litchi on my phone. My P3P flew off a while back and didn't come home. Yeah, that sucked. But here I am with a new P4. I do not want to lose this one! Should I delete the apps off my phone and start over? Do I have to upgrade DJI Go and the P4? Is there any particular versions of the app and firmware that I should prefer out of the box? I am experienced with flying Go and Litchi, I had about 18 hours and my P3P. I have not had time to study what is good and bad about updating and whether I have to do it or not. I've heard that once you go to a particular version you can't go backwards. Just asking for suggestions before I crank her up and send her out :)

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Hi um just done version update ,, v4,0,3 from playstore,,,havent flown yet hope no bugs in firmware,,,dont want any flyaways either;)

Do you have a P4?
Sorry about delay ,,yip 20170224_112634.jpg,,

Watch changes were made to the geo fence in the go 4 app update

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj