Brand new P4 motor locked

Reaction score
Just received my first drone ever. Actually it's a bday present for my Dad. Followed all the tutorials downloaded the dji go. They asked to do an update which I did. Then I had to activate it. All successful so far. Then I did the motor pre-fliht test as per dji video tutorial - no propellers. SOUNDED LIKE A MACHINE GUN GOING OFF!! Checked to see if I could manually turn any of the motors. All but one spun with ease. The other was completely seized.

Bitterly disappointed. Didn't even get to put the propellers on and get it off the ground.

Any suggestions on what to do next. I bought this on Amazon from All E RC based in Arizona. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Leaving for overseas in 4 weeks and need to have a working drone for my Dad's bday present.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Send it back to amazon, and get a replacement at the Apple store... pick it up today.

I really don't know why people don't just buy from Apple. 14 days no fuss guarantee and fast turn around if something does happen and you need to replace it (generally then and there )

Send it back to amazon, and get a replacement at the Apple store... pick it up today.

I really don't know why people don't just buy from Apple. 14 days no fuss guarantee and fast turn around if something does happen and you need to replace it (generally then and there )
Agreed. Same reason I got mine at the Apple Store, instant results FTMFW

Thanks for the help. Only reason why I don't buy from Apple was because Amazon doesn't charge tax. Look who's laughing now. Lesson learnt.

Thanks for the help. Only reason why I don't buy from Apple was because Amazon doesn't charge tax. Look who's laughing now. Lesson learnt.

Amazon now charges sales tax in 28 states, more states than they don't.

What do you think the chances are I will be able to be refunded or my unit replaced.

I bought my P3 from DJI because of no tax. However, the P4 was purchased at the Apple Store. It bricked on the last software update and they exchanged it with no hassle.

I used a 20% coupon i had from Apple and then traded in an old iPhone for a $300 credit and with tax I only paid $871.22 for my P4. I'm the one laughing!

I used a 20% coupon i had from Apple and then traded in an old iPhone for a $300 credit and with tax I only paid $871.22 for my P4. I'm the one laughing!
Howe did you get a 20% coupon and what model iPhone gave you a $300 credit?

Howe did you get a 20% coupon and what model iPhone gave you a $300 credit?
I had a 20% off any purchase coupon I received in email for some unknown reason and I traded in an iPhone 6 plus that I still had from when I upgraded to the 6S plus.

i hate paying tax and usually dont buy a newly produced model, but glad i boughtb at the apple store. First p4 was bad. Had a paying shoot coming up that week. Exchanged in minutes and they didnt even open he box. Was worth the tax.

What do you think the chances are I will be able to be refunded or my unit replaced.

I think 100% because it's thru Amazon, I usually pick the actual Amazon prime pick, but I don't think that matters here, contact Amazon, I've had amazing results from their return policy.

$300 for a iPhone 6? You got ripped off!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sim597
$300 for a iPhone 6? You got ripped off!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Well they're not going to give him what another place sells em for. Plus, he paid for the phone too so $871 isn't accurate anyway

Well I sell my old iPhone every time the new one comes out. I clean it, wipe it, and put it back in the box... Sells for $600 to $800 every time!

I get the phone's for free so I could care less. Get one from my office every time a new one comes out.
Well I sell my old iPhone every time the new one comes out. I clean it, wipe it, and put it back in the box... Sells for $600 to $800 every time!

I get the phone's for free from my company. Not worried about what I get in return for them. I've sold them online prior but this time I just wanted the quick credit toward the Phantom

30 days no problem return Amazon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20