Brand new P4 and brand new Ipad Mini 2 Wont connect

Reaction score
Hi guys. any help here would be much appreciated.

I have a brand new P4. I also have a brand new IPad Mini 2 (Mini). I have installed DJI Go (App) onto the Mini and have also done an ISO update so the mini is running 9.3.5 ... the mini tells me this is the latest ISO.

Anyway i have run DJI Go and been through all the initial setting screens, location, language etc and also set up my DJI account, all good so far. Then the App has prompted me to download the firmware upgrade, once this completed it asked me to connect to my phantom 4 (Aircraft). The first time i did this it established a connection and began the install but it failed pretty soon after, a dialogue appeared and requested i send an error report or some such to DJI, which I promptly did, and that they would be in touch (Not heard boo from them by the way, doesn't seem surprising after all i have heard about DJI support). Anyhow I shut everything down including the mini and tried again to connect to the aircraft but now it simply won't connect at all. I've confirmed numerous times that i have everything connected correctly and i have also reset the mini via the ISO settings reset option.

I have also checked the ipad cable and it is certainly connecting to other devices. Namely my laptop (Windows based).

I am still not able to connect to the aircraft.

Any ideas what might be the problem here? ISO version incompatibility perhaps?

Help much appreciated.

Thankyou Jono

I fly with a ipad mini 2, same ISO and phantom 4. No problems, I am not a tech guy so have no advice.
I had a good experience with support. One of my new batteries would not turn on or take a charge. I bought two extra batteries at the time of purchase. I called tech, they emailed me a shipping label. Within 4 days a confirmation it had arrived. 24 hours after that a shipping confirmation. Battery arrived back to me at no charge. 7 days after I shipped it.

Reactions: Jonathan Haines
You are connecting the mFi (lightning) cable directly from the IPad to the Phantom 4 micro USB, right?

Reactions: Jonathan Haines
my bad news was dropping my ipad mini 2 face down while holding it to take a picture. first time owning a apple product and the screen shattered. tomorrow is a holiday so on tuesday i will have it replaced for $100

Try to install DJI Assistant software on your PC and work from there.

Note home wi-fi router signal must be strong / not too far otherwise RC and P4 might interfere with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try to install DJI Assistant software on your PC and work from there.

Note home wi-fi router signal must be strong / not too far otherwise RC and P4 might interfere with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Remy

Looks like im not the only one with this problem in recent times going by the DJI forum.

orum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=62624&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D368%26typeid%3D368

The video posted by the mod says exactly what Remy said. Not surprised that the DJI/ Apple connection is purly just a marketing ploy. Looks to me so far I should have got a Galaxy rather than a IPad.

Thanks so much mate!

Reactions: RémyHeli
better go fly now :) still have some battery life left after all of that. Thanks to all those who replied. Your offers of help were all much appreciated! As mentioned above Remy came in with the answer today :)

Cheers Jono

It sounds to me like you updated the controller firmware before the craft firmware. This will cause your problem. If you use DJI assistant on a PC to upgrade the craft firmware, your problem should go away.

In the future ALWAYS update the craft first, using the iPad and special USB cable. Update the controller firmware AFTER the craft is done.

It sounds to me like you updated the controller firmware before the craft firmware. This will cause your problem. If you use DJI assistant on a PC to upgrade the craft firmware, your problem should go away.

In the future ALWAYS update the craft first, using the iPad and special USB cable. Update the controller firmware AFTER the craft is done.

Cheers John. Yea I expect something like that. I did try and roll back the RC firmware but it didn't seem to do anything. But anyway trusty old PC did the trick. Never been a massive Apple fan to be honest, today didn't help with my lack of appreciation.

So pumped after the first flight :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik