Brand New P3S "no signal" issue after update....

Reaction score
I have P3A....Friend just bought P3S. First flight successful. Pulled the update today and now gets a "no signal" message on the Go App status bar.

On the P3A there is a reset hole for this issue. Can't figure it out for this craft.

Would appreciate suggestions!

THX

Was the update successful? If so, have you tried to turn off everything and turn on the RC, DJI Go app (make sure it's connected to RC's WiFi), and then the drone in this order. See if it solves the problem.

Yes everything, and rebooting the mobile device, does the mobile connect to the RC's Wifi?

Thanks! Yes, we have turned everything off and on in the order described. The app doesn't connect to the wireless until the drone is turned on. So, turning on the RC then the Go app doesn't connect anything until the drone is turned on. Then, the phantom shows up on the phones (Samsung S6) WiFi list and connects. Just the no signal notification stays lit.

I am having this problem too. At the end of the firmware upgrade, a message said "upgrade failed: try again". Now when i enter the go app and go into camera mode, the status bar displays "rc signal lost"

Thanks! Yes, we have turned everything off and on in the order described. The app doesn't connect to the wireless until the drone is turned on. So, turning on the RC then the Go app doesn't connect anything until the drone is turned on. Then, the phantom shows up on the phones (Samsung S6) WiFi list and connects. Just the no signal notification stays lit.
So the firmware update was successful?

Humm, I can connect to my remote WiFi without anything else powered on, maybe one of us is confused on our wording. Anybody else got some thoughts? I won't be able to mess with mine for about an hour.

Humm, I can connect to my remote WiFi without anything else powered on, maybe one of us is confused on our wording. Anybody else got some thoughts? I won't be able to mess with mine for about an hour.
That's interesting. Is it just a fluke? Turn off wifi from your mobile device and back on and see it still can connect to your RC wifi.

I am having this problem too. At the end of the firmware upgrade, a message said "upgrade failed: try again". Now when i enter the go app and go into camera mode, the status bar displays "rc signal lost"
Try the order in post #2 of this thread and see if you can update the firmware again.

OK, I just connected to my remotes WiFi with my iPhone4s. I had to put in the pass "12341234" so I know I have not ever tried it before and it gave an IP address. The bird does even have a battery in it. DJI Go is not installed in my phone (Could never download it).
What is important, I found and finished off a almost empty can of Pringles.
:)

OK, I just connected to my remotes WiFi with my iPhone4s. I had to put in the pass "12341234" so I know I have not ever tried it before and it gave an IP address. The bird does even have a battery in it. DJI Go is not installed in my phone (Could never download it).
What is important, I found and finished off a almost empty can of Pringles.
:)
That's really weird. A bug in the RC firmware? But now I know what is important to you[emoji13]

Do you see the live video feed from the camera when connected? And is that a warning of no RC signal? If the answer is yes for both questions, your RC needs to be relinked. The manual has instructions on how to do so.

if the update failed first time....you have to format sd card and startup again and your signal should be restored to P3S and go ahead and try update again!

Have similar problem, update went OK but lost signal only about 15 meter from RC - not in beginner mode and height and distance set to 150 meter. Have turned off interference sources. Can somebody advise what small hole marked with X on bottom of RC is.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20