Brand new P3s...dead in the water :/

Reaction score
I've been researching for weeks, reading and watching everything I can, bought a the mounts needed to use my nexus 7, ordered an extra battery and different charger and was close to pulling the trigger on either the fpvlr or dbs upgrades but decided to wait till I had the quad in hand.

It came in yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, it doesn't work. The rc doesn't emit a WiFi signal. The phantom seems to power on fine, and starts indicating it needs a compass calibration, I can control the gimbal as well but it just refuses to broadcast the ssid. If I try resetting the WiFi instead of beeping like it should it just flashes green/red constantly.

So back to Amazon it goes, and hopefully the next one works fine.

You should upgrade the firmware of the Drone and Controller before you resort to sending it back.

I don't think you can do anything without wi-fi connection from the remote.

I updated the drone firmware using the SD card method, but it doesn't do anything for the rc I don't think. My understanding the only way to update the rc on the standard is through the dji app.

I ended up taking the controller apart, reseated all plugs but, that didn't help. When you turn the controller on with it apart you can see the indicator lights on the WiFi module, it lights up and starts blinking like its waiting for a connection but just refuses to broadcast a signal.

Updating by SD card does also update the controller? Regardless, I already did that and it still doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.