Brand New P3A advice

Reaction score
I have a brand new P3A arriving tomorrow and looking for basic advice for a newbie. I have experience flying cheaper quads with brushed motors. I plan on reading all the manuals but personal advice often trumps translated Chinese engineering small print.

Is there any protocol for breaking in new brushless motors, or easing in to use in the first few flights?*

Any general advice for using your P3 you wish you knew when you first started flying but didn't know at the time?

Any extra parts you should have on hand? Extra props come with all new P3s but are there any "must have" replacement parts such as screws, etc. I should have?

*I know brushed motors should be broken in without load before first flight and gingerly broken in for better performance. However, I am familiar with brushless motor pumps and I don't know of any recommended break-in procedures, and in my experience are very reliable.

Pictures removed. :(

Last edited:
Lots of spare props, they are always the first to go when you bump something.

A gimbal guard on the bottom of the legs, it protects the camera and strengthens the legs and reduces vibration.

Everything else will be on a as needed basis depending on how severe your crash was. lol

A 3d printer is good to have, I have made many of my own parts already.

Go to PhantomHelp.com and download the Guide there. Read all of it.
Take some time and read through lots of threads on the forums as there is a ton of good information here.
Take good care of your batteries.
Get some ND filters.

Batteries more than motors seem to be a much more of an issue when it comes to break in here.

Read the updated user manual on the DJI site would be the first thing. Seek out any regulations in your area. Safe flying and smile a lot.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20