Brand new P2V+ no front lights on startup???

Reaction score
Well Im on vacation and I got my brand new P2V+ a couple hours ago. It came with firmware version 3.0 and the first thing I did was downgrade to 1.08. I charged my battery and then did the advanced IMU calibration and all was good. The problem im having is when I first turn it on all the lights come on and then the front lights go out and never come back on. I tried to calibrate the compass by flipping my S1 switch but cant get it into calibration mode. Any ideas on whats going on? Im in Northern Michigan and im using dial up internet so its taking forever to search the web. Thanks.

Are you flipping the right switch full up and full down 5 times?

Wow. Never had happen. Could be a bad GPS. That bites, sorry! I would try to reboot in another location, or connect back up to the computer. Front lights should be yellow then turn red when connected to 6 satellites. Good luck!

Detroit said:
rear lights now blink red green yellow still no front lights...
Front LEDs light up solid red after motors have started spinning.

azzo said:
Detroit said:
rear lights now blink red green yellow still no front lights...
Front LEDs light up solid red after motors have started spinning.
just want to confirm before I take this bird in the air for the first time. I was able to calibrate the compass took it out with out props on got a good gps lock and armed the motors then the front red lights came on. I'm just worried because this light sequence is different from my p2 non vision. can I safely fly now?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using my neighbors internet

Just had my first flight and it was a success. Very overcast here so the pics and video weren't the best.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using my neighbors internet

Why would you downgrade the firmware to 1.08 from 3.0? I'm just curious and wondering if I need to do this too

Chutch85 said:
Why would you downgrade the firmware to 1.08 from 3.0? I'm just curious and wondering if I need to do this too

The OP doesn't state his reasons, but here are the high-level reasons:
1. Descent speed is 6 m/s in 1.08, 3 m/s in 3.0
2. No cylindrical geofence restriction in 1.08, geofence restriction in 3.0 (can't be disabled, limits adjustable)
3. No airport limitations in 1.08, non-editable airport limitations in 3.0

The following is my opinion and there is no evidence supporting it except common sense: 1.08 not having the GPS related airport or geofence limits would seem simpler WRT the GPS related firmware code that affects the flight control of the P2V+. Hence IMHO, less chance of GPS related flyaway, if such a flyaway exists lol.

Many have had rock-solid performance with 3.0+, many have had the same rock-solid performance with 1.08. Just less things to worry about in the assistant as well.

Disadvantages of 1.08:
1. FPV mode does not work. Never used by most and actually a point of confusion for some beginners.
2. Groundstation functionality does not work. A gimmick IMO, and already has some bugs, and IMO just another point of failure in the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik