Brand New P2V+ 3.0 - WON'T WORK HELP!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I received my brand new P2V+ 3.0 in the mail last week and the weather has been so bad here that I haven't had a chance to use it. So today WAS going to be my first flight. I put my props on, turned on the Wi-Fi and the remote and took the copter outside. I turned the copter on, performed the compass calibration (multiple times) and had two green LED blinking on the copter. I pushed the sticks down to the bottom inside corners to start the motors and they started, and almost just as quickly they shut down. I have tried to restart the entire process at LEAST 10 times and I CAN'T get the motors to start. I am pulling my hair out here trying to figure this out. When I move the joysticks I can see the gimbal move the camera slightly, but nothing else happens, like the motors are completely dead. The smart battery, the remote, the Wi-Fi, all were charged completely before first use. I contacted DJI support (that was about a joke) and they suggested hooking the Phantom and the remote up to the computer to calibrate. I calibrated the remote and then connected the phantom. I checked the Phantom IMU calibration and the program said that IMU calibration was needed (don't know why considering it's never been flown), but regardless I did the basic IMU calibration. I then did the advanced IMU calibration (I received some crazy warning messages that the MC temperature was too high but then clicked ok and the calibration finished?), and I unhooked the Phantom. I removed the props and tried multiple times to start the motors here in my house and nothing happens still. The camera will slightly move when pushing the sticks around, but nothing out the motors. Have I received a faulty product?? What in creation is happening here? I am so disappointed and I hope that someone can help me. I appreciate any and all advice any of you may have!! Thank you!

If you are referring to two light blinking on the battery, then it is not not fully charged and wont start. In this case the quad is doing you a favor by not starting.

Edit: Did you bind the Range Extender?

Is the rear lights flashing a odd pattern or solid red

Has the compass dance been done?

If the compass hasn't been calibrated it won't let you fly it

This may be an elementary suggestion, but have you tried recentering the sticks after it starts? I had a couple of start/stops and realized it may be stopping because the left stick locks in the down position, which when I land, shuts down the rotors after a few seconds. Figured I may just be starting and stopping it on my own, so I make sure the sticks center after I start and she runs fine.

general01 said:

+1000
Tell us what the phantom is trying to tell you. What are the lights saying? What colours, what sequence??
Did you troubleshoot and look in the manual? Did the manual tell you to read the manual?

The phantom wont stay spinning if the sticks are down.. I always give it some throttle after it starts up to keep it spinning

general01 said:

Yes I calibrated the compass and got the green lights confirming calibration. What I have are the two front LED lights on the Phantom blinking green. I called the dealer and they had me go through the remote calibration with them on the phone. They said the values during calibration should be reading in the 1000's, yet I only had one value that would read right at 1000, all the others were less than 1000 during calibration. They believe the remote is faulty and are mailing me an entire new drone. Is this correct?

Again, I have two blinking green LED's on the drone, no red, and it won't fly.

Download the RC 1.2 (Different than the Phantom Assist 3.6).
calibrate all sticks and switches and make sure you are in MODE2.
Finalise the calibration.

Now go into the Phantom Assist 3.6 and do the same calibration.

Mako79 said:
Download the RC 1.2 (Different than the Phantom Assist 3.6).
calibrate all sticks and switches and make sure you are in MODE2.
Finalise the calibration.

Now go into the Phantom Assist 3.6 and do the same calibration.

I did both while on phone with dealer. They said the values I was seeing during calibration were too low and that they think the remote is faulty. They agreed to send me another drone if I paid for it up front and then they would refund me once this one was received by them, so I agreed to it. Just very disappointed because I was hoping to use it all weekend. My only other fear is that there isn't anything wrong with this one and that I'm just doing something incorrectly.

bhollis84 said:
JJM said:
How "low" were they?

Highest value was right at 1000. The dealer/technician said they should be well into the 1000's, most were in the 800 range.

Mine don't go that high. You HAVE tried flying it again right?

I didn't take it outside, however I had it sitting on the table at home (props removed). I went through the startup procedure (minus the compass calibration) and attempted to start it. I figured the motors would activated, obviously no flight without props, but again I got nothing. I even had GPS lock in my house, according the phone I had 8 satellites. So I continued on with trying to start the motors, did the CSC and nothing happened. Again, 2 of the arms had blinking green LED's, like it should start, but nothing....

Am I doing something wrong? I have watched the youtube videos 100 times of people pulling them out of the box, calibrating, and taking off. I know these are technical devices, but it isn't a space shuttle, I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

bhollis84 said:
JJM said:
How "low" were they?

Highest value was right at 1000. The dealer/technician said they should be well into the 1000's, most were in the 800 range.

Ignore the numbers.
Just start the RC1.2. Plug your USB into your remote controller. Calibrate again. Make sure you click start. Leave it dead centre. Click NEXT then move both sticks in circular motion and make sure they reach the max ranges (move the tilt dial as well). Leave them dead centre and then finalise. Make sure you DONT have any in REV. Leave them in NORM.

Make sure you are in MODE 2.

Then start the Phantom Assist and plug your usb into the phantom and do it again in the Phantom assist > RC.

Also, check if your remote is binded

What do you mean to check if the remote is binded? Can you tell me what I need to do there?

I know the phantom is reading the remote because when I move the sticks I can see the gimbal moving. Like the gimbal is compensating for movement of the drone but obviously the drone won't start and move.

bhollis84 said:
What do you mean to check if the remote is binded? Can you tell me what I need to do there?

I know the phantom is reading the remote because when I move the sticks I can see the gimbal moving. Like the gimbal is compensating for movement of the drone but obviously the drone won't start and move.

1. Calibrate the remote in the RC assistant software.
2. Calibrate the remote to the phantom in the phantom assistant software.

Try to start it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.