Brand New P2 Battery Will Not Charge

Reaction score
Any ideas? Brand New Battery (extra) and when it's plugged into the charger no lights. No lights when I push the battery button once for the meter and no lights when I try and turn on the battery by pushing the button twice. The charger light is on as normal.

I wouldn't say it's normal but it happens. It happened to me. I got a bad battery that came in the box with my Phantom. The battery lit up but wouldn't charge and was horribly out of balance. I never got any use out of it.

Can't you return yours?

I wouldn't say it's normal but it happens. It happened to me. I got a bad battery that came in the box with my Phantom. The battery lit up but wouldn't charge and was horribly out of balance. I never got any use out of it.

Can't you return yours?
Yep suppose I'll have to try. Thank you.

What's the model number on the battery and who did you buy it from? Also what is the voltage and wattage on that battery as it could be for a P3 and not a P2 as they look alike. The for a P2 battery from B&H is $94.99. A $130.00 for a P2 is a bit high in today's market.
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery CP.PT.000090 B&H Photo Video

What's the model number on the battery and who did you buy it from? Also what is the voltage and wattage on that battery as it could be for a P3 and not a P2 as they look alike. The for a P2 battery from B&H is $94.99. A $130.00 for a P2 is a bit high in today's market.

"A bit high"? Boy, Howdy! I bought a new DJI P2 pair for $180 about 3 months ago for $190 delivered. And from a DJI dealer at that. You need to shop around if you want the best price, and there are MANY choices.

But another thought. The DJI Flight Controller looks at the battery to see if it's the right one. Is the P3 battery physically able to be put into a P2, and could the Flight controllers between the two versions be able to tell? Just guessing here as I don't have any experience (yet) with the P3 platform.

The P3 is 4S battery whist the P2 is a 3S. The 'pack' design prevents them being swapped between models.

"A bit high"? Boy, Howdy! I bought a new DJI P2 pair for $180 about 3 months ago for $190 delivered. And from a DJI dealer at that. You need to shop around if you want the best price, and there are MANY choices.

But another thought. The DJI Flight Controller looks at the battery to see if it's the right one. Is the P3 battery physically able to be put into a P2, and could the Flight controllers between the two versions be able to tell? Just guessing here as I don't have any experience (yet) with the P3 platform.

The P3 is 4S battery whist the P2 is a 3S. The 'pack' design prevents them being swapped between models.

Until the PO supplies the model number for the battery none of you know which battery he has. Also the price he paid is inline with the going price for a P3 battery.

Last edited:

Looked up the records, I paid $94 for it through Amazon. I'll look up the voltage and wattage tonight and compare to the original. No big deal I can return it but what a pain in the ***.

Was that battery a PH-2 or the 733496 which is old stock.

The bad battery is identical to the good battery. Model #PH2-5200mAH-11.1V it says 5200mAH (57.72Wh) 11.1V

I'll just chalk it up as a bad battery and send it back.

Any ideas? Brand New Battery (extra) and when it's plugged into the charger no lights. No lights when I push the battery button once for the meter and no lights when I try and turn on the battery by pushing the button twice. The charger light is on as normal.
Do you have v1 or v2 on the charger? Does the light turns red when charging?

Do you have v1 or v2 on the charger? Does the light turns red when charging?
Not sure. I don't see a v1 or v2 and I don't see colors either. Colorblind. But here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_6398.JPG
    IMG_6398.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 460
Not sure. I don't see a v1 or v2 and I don't see colors either. Colorblind. But here is a picture of it.
Ok so you have a v2, you have to see the a green light when you plug the charger to an outlet, when you attach the battery then the light would turn red. You might have a bad charger if you don't see none of the lights.

Ok so you have a v2, you have to see the a green light when you plug the charger to an outlet, when you attach the battery then the light would turn red. You might have a bad charger if you don't see none of the lights.

I guess not being colorblind would help. Don't you??

Seems I saw a smart phone app that helped folks with color blindness. Might help if I'm right!

That really wasn't the point as the battery wouldn't turn on off the charger.

Oh it lights up alright. I just can't tell if it's red/green/amber or yellow. Plus it charges my other battery just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic