Brand new H3-3D Faulty

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/sqd1_MpgGkE

Done all the calibrations in the assistant. Take it that the loud humming noise isn't normal, nor the twitches, nor the slow left yaw.

Any suggestions?

ok, so mine does that too, and the buzzing is the gimbal motors.

make sure your firmware is up to date (at least 3.0) as there is a gimbal update in it that addresses some earlier issues.

Proof will be when you take it flying and leave it to hover. see if the image is skewed or tilted.

best of luck

bmews

Cheers, yeah firmware up to date.

Your one does the twitching or the slow drifting or both? Surely can't be normal. I've done one flight but the gimbal didn't twitch or drift after initialization and the video looks sweet.

here's something else to consider... the battery clearance on the YAW axis motor is 0. it rubs and can cause the motor to freak out.
i added some small washers under the mounting bracket of the gimbal and it fixed this same issue for me. you can get the small 1mm washers at your local hardware store. the were like 11 cents each for me totally worth it!

Cool, thank you. I will space it out tomorrow and re-check. There is no rub marks on the battery after 2 flights but I will definitely try this.

Okay obviously, i'm slow but I am confused!

Phantom 2 with 3-D gamble and FPV

1. Gimbel makes a humming/motor noise. And continues Normal or not?

2. On start up moves all around and twitches a little bit. Normal or not?

3. Rubbing on battery: Do not understand this one at all gimbal far away from Battery impossible to rub on Gimbel is mounted opposite side of main battery. So not understanding this one at all.. Yes I know, I need help. Lol

Garysam said:
Okay obviously, i'm slow but I am confused!

Phantom 2 with 3-D gamble and FPV

1. Gimbel makes a humming/motor noise. And continues Normal or not?

2. On start up moves all around and twitches a little bit. Normal or not?

3. Rubbing on battery: Do not understand this one at all gimbal far away from Battery impossible to rub on Gimbel is mounted opposite side of main battery. So not understanding this one at all.. Yes I know, I need help. Lol

1 & 2 are what I'm trying to figure out. I've emailed DJI support for them to confirm if it is in fact "normal" (I personally don't see how it is - just because a lot of their 3D gimbals are doing it, doesn't make it "normal" in my eyes"

3, the motor on the gimbal that sicks up into the hole in the bottom of the phantom is super close to the white plastic EXOSKELETON (always wanted to use that in a sentence) that encases the battery

3, the motor on the gimbal that sicks up into the hole in the bottom of the phantom is super close to the white plastic EXOSKELETON (always wanted to use that in a sentence) that encases the battery
[/

Thanks finally understand the batterie thing and will check skeleton structure on battery

sar104 said:
Agree - that looks like the gimbal rubbing against the battery. Mine did exactly that until I added 2 mm of spacers under the mount plate.

So pulled out the drop pins, as it was pointed out elsewhere that my gimbal arm was bouncing off the rear pin.

Put in some spacers between the gimbal mount and the body of the phantom to add clearance.

Neither of these fixes changed the behavior of the gimbal. Still twitching during the start up and still drifting off to one side after. Also noticed the gimbal isn't pointing straight ahead during flight. Really starting to regret purchasing this now - given that it almost costs as much as another phantom! No reply as yet from DJI to confirm if this start up behavior is intended or not.

Capt. salty

When you put in spacers wondering if you used 1 or 2 mm washers and if you had to use a longer screws? If so what size? As I look in battery department I'm thinking 1 mm might do it?

Checked out Gimbel rubbing on battery, it would appear that I do not have this as a problem. I put some easy marker(the kind you would use on the whiteboard just touch it and it comes off. Marked the appropriate location on battery, then proceeded to move Gimbel all-around tilting phantom up-and-down left and right and then finally flying Phantom was radical movement.

I examined felt tip markings carefully on battery there were no scuff mark's or markings of any kind no evidence of contact between battery and gamble. So for me I'm putting this component to bed. Now just wondering when powering on the radical movement that we all see is normal or not.

Hey CaptainSalty

Same issue on mine. I dont have plastic pins on the back. I dont have clearance issue as I have 2 layers of washers to space things out.

Additional issue: when I pitch the gopro then Gimbal will lean to the left on the way down and slowly comes back to place on the way up.

Annnnnoying

All up to date and advanced calibrated..

Garysam said:
Capt. salty

When you put in spacers wondering if you used 1 or 2 mm washers and if you had to use a longer screws? If so what size? As I look in battery department I'm thinking 1 mm might do it?

Hey - I used 2mm thick washers and M3 x 8 Screws that came with something I've brought from DJI in the past, maybe prop guards or something.

Also - an update on this, DJI still won't answer my support request. I emailed B&H Photography where I purchased it from, they watched the video of it twitching and panning and agreed that it is not a normal, intended behavior and agreed to replace it.

Now.... do I wait for DJI to get back to me (might grow old and die first) and hope that it is fixable by firmware or send it back and cross my fingers that the new one is better. I foresee many visits to the post office and many returned gimbals in my future if I go down this path.

Captain Salty said:
Garysam said:
Capt. salty

Hey - I used 2mm thick washers and M3 x 8 Screws that came with something I've brought from DJI in the past, maybe prop guards or something.

Also - an update on this, DJI still won't answer my support request. I emailed B&H Photography where I purchased it from, they watched the video of it twitching and panning and agreed that it is not a normal, intended behavior and agreed to replace it.

Now.... do I wait for DJI to get back to me (might grow old and die first) and hope that it is fixable by firmware or send it back and cross my fingers that the new one is better. I foresee many visits to the post office and many returned gimbals in my future if I go down this path.

I have had this issue for the last month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exk4x9eA83s

I really struggled with it at first, but have just flown it like normal for at least 15 flights now. Im not sure the initial calibration (although annoying) is that big of a deal. It seems to fly and film okay... but I do deal with getting the left landing gear in the shots. I've messed with the different GP3 settings, but would like the ability to shoot in all different modes depending on conditions.
Ive upgraded to the taller/wider landing gear, and it still gets the gear in shot.
http://www.helipal.com/extra-tall-landi ... 0tbgtssan2

Dunno if its a problem with the gimbal or what?! I did not order from BH, but obviously the problem is universal during a certain time of batch. I have been told to short out some circuits on the gimbal, but have not yet as that sounds very sketchy.

With editing, Ive been able to do things like this....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUSoqU2AIxc

But it sure would be nice to feel good about the gimbal initialization when I boot her up.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers