Brand new DJI Phantom 2 Vision+

Reaction score
Hello!

I just bought DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ directly from DJI.com, they got nice spring sale there btw.

I bought it with two batteries, first I noticed that battery was kinda tight fit. I have previously used other Phantom and battery was hard to remove but not this hard at all.

I quickly made maiden flight and soon was two batteries empty. Recharged batteries and went to make new flight.

Third flight started nicely, I wanted to test stillshots from camera and fly above trees. Everything was fine and suddently I recived "Invalid Battery" and looked back to copter and it was coming already down. I hit few branches and hit the ground. Not much damage was done to the craft (one led did get broken) but I cannot turn it on. It says "Invalid Battery".

I think it lost all power all the suddently. Battery was about 95-98%. I was using newest firmware and this should fix issue that there should be no emergency landing when "Invalid Battery" occurs mid-air.

So, what can I do now ? There is no damage in two small pins at battery cabinet so I dont think that is the issue.

Also there was no dirt or anything else at battery cabinet.

I tested with other brand new battery, same thing.

TLDR; New DJI Phantom 2 VP and invalid battery midair crash. Invalid battery issue still.

I don't know the answer to your question, but whenever you have a problem, it's usually a good idea to plug the Phantom into a computer and run the Phantom Assistant software and see what it tells you.

Phantom Assistant tells me its "Not DJI intelligent Battery!"

J0iz3xg.png

Is there any other places where I could look some information at Assistant Software? Didnt find anything usefull at least in quick look.

I

Okey, I was too curious and popped Phantom open. What I found was really intresting :O

7O2j1JO.jpg

How come there such damage is beyond me. Theres no wires to these two connectors at right.

One on the middle is wire from smart battery, the smart part of it that is.

What you think guys? Is this normal?

Welcome to the forum !
I would send it back . I know nothing about the newer phantoms I'm still flying my P1 & original P2 . Then I question their "spring sale"
Get another one from someone else if you read the link you posted you see how they treat you they are pumping these things out like crazy so Quality control is lacking . A good example is the software 3 10 that caused major problems for people and then they recal it instead of testing to make sure things work right all about max profit . Let's say you got it from Amazon it would have got replaced quick or a reparable DJI dealer .
Sorry for your problems never get anything directly from them it seems more bad than good when dealing with them .

That's certainly not normal, though it is easily fixable for someone with good soldering skills (it may be easier to cut off the connector and solder the wires directly to the board or the resistors). The 2 empty connectors are not normally used.

I think I'll first talk with DJI.com how they can make it right. Its brand new and I kinda want them to fix this rather than do it myself. I most likely can fix it easily like CityZen suggested.

Does anyone got good picture of P2V+ v3 without cover? Is those two broken connectors used for anything ?

That is definitely not right. The connector socket has come away from the motherboard. Send it back if it's supposed to be a new unit.

I think I'll first talk with DJI.com how they can make it right. Its brand new and I kinda want them to fix this rather than do it myself. I most likely can fix it easily like CityZen suggested.

Does anyone got good picture of P2V+ v3 without cover? Is those two broken connectors used for anything ?
Following is a photo I took recently to help diagnose a problem with my Flytrex. The black cable from the Flytrex CAN Bus Adapter is plugged into the CAN Bus socket.

img_20150331_115911-jpg.16410

Reactions: Tabbe
The two connectors are both for CAN bus. They provide two different plugs for the same connection. Usually the smaller one is used. Among other things, the CAN bus provides flight data that is used for a FPV OSD (on-screen display).

7O2j1JO.jpg

Sorry to jump in......If those two wires were to come loose from the board while you were up would that shut it down and cause it crash ??

7O2j1JO.jpg

Sorry to jump in......If those two wires were to come loose from the board while you were up would that shut it down and cause it crash ??

If you are very unlucky it can cause short-circuit and mayby shutdown whole craft.

When my phantom was hovering above tree I was looking my phone to make some adjustment to stillphotos and all the sudden I got "Invalid Battery". My first reaction was to look at phantom up on the sky, only to see it comin down. My second reaction was to thorttle up but that didnt do anything. Intresting also was that craft was powered down when I got to it. I dont know is this normal it auto-power off itself if it crashes ? Makes sense so proppellers does not do more damage.

Well, I am contancting DJI tuesday morning to see what they will do about this. I will update here what they have say about this :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you for the reply, I wasn't looking at the moment at my screen to see that err when mine fell
but did see it after I got home and just checked to see if it would even power up and put in assistant. Am still not sure if mine came lose after the 250" fall to hard gravel or just shook lose as it was a little windy but was just in a hover .
In crashes and tip overs I have had in the past and there have been a few the battery has never cut itself off. Yesterday I do believe it was off when I took two big steps to it!
Here's what mine look's like.....Good luck to you with DJI ;)
mine.jpg

Thank you for the reply, I wasn't looking at the moment at my screen to see that err when mine fell
but did see it after I got home and just checked to see if it would even power up and put in assistant. Am still not sure if mine came lose after the 250" fall to hard gravel or just shook lose as it was a little windy but was just in a hover .
In crashes and tip overs I have had in the past and there have been a few the battery has never cut itself off. Yesterday I do believe it was off when I took two big steps to it!
Here's what mine look's like.....Good luck to you with DJI ;)
View attachment 16721

Did yours just fell from the sky or what happened during hovering ?

Ow! Looks bad :( Mine only got minor damage but I know how you feel !
Yea it sucks huh !! Wasn't trying to jump in ya thread I just saw the picture and thought it might give me an idea as what might have happened to make my power just go out .

Little update. Didnt know DJI.com support is really bad. They just bounce my email around and nothing gets done.
So do not buy directly from DJI.com, get it from amazon.com or similar!

DEFECT, connector mechanically failed!

Wow, those images of the connectors broken loose are blowing my mind. I'd have a hard time believing they failed due to any crash. DJI must cover this type of warranty claim. Incredible!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20