Brand New Cape Town 2016 Drone Video! - Need Sound!

D

Deleted member 76824

Hi all,

Just got back from my trip to Cape Town. It was the first time I took my P4 abroad and I'm happy to say that I got through all the airports and security without any delays, stops, or problems at all. The bag I used (Navitech) worked perfectly and was comfortable to travel with too. I took every precaution I knew of to reduce my risk of encountering problems on route and it was good to build confidence for the next trip to Iceland in March - which there will eventually be a video for as well!

But anyway, back to this trip. Here's the video I made of my Cape Town drone footage.

It was compiled from 15 flights over a 2 week period in Camps Bay, Maidens Cove, Table Mountain & Stellenbosch.

Music credit goes to www.bensound.com

I hope you enjoy it and I'd love your feedback!

Cheers!

Jase

Great shots from a exotic place. I have found getting through customs carrying a bag of batteries and alien looking tech, not counting down aloud helps.

There are lots of Cape Town videos on YouTube (including some from some famous vloggers) and yours is right up there with the best of them. Nice job :D The only little glitch was right at the end with the sunset shot .... little jerky on the yaw rotation .... but probably better than I can do (I usually just do a quick cut of the jerky part and insert a quick transition to cover my tracks) :rolleyes:

There are lots of Cape Town videos on YouTube (including some from some famous vloggers) and yours is right up there with the best of them. Nice job :D The only little glitch was right at the end with the sunset shot .... little jerky on the yaw rotation .... but probably better than I can do (I usually just do a quick cut of the jerky part and insert a quick transition to cover my tracks) :rolleyes:

Thanks very much! It was a lot of fun to make. Yeah, I noticed the pan at the end could have been smoother but I guess its too late once you are home and I didn't have an alternative big panning shot like that so went with it. Working on improving with every video though! Appreciate the support!

Hi there, nice video, can I just ask, was that shot with the standard lens on the p4 or did you use any polarising filters on some of those shots. Did you also change any settings or was it just set to auto in camera settings cheers

Hi there, nice video, can I just ask, was that shot with the standard lens on the p4 or did you use any polarising filters on some of those shots. Did you also change any settings or was it just set to auto in camera settings cheers

Hi, thanks a lot!

All filmed using standard lens and standard auto settings! Only sometimes I try and correct the gimbal roll or exposure. That's about it!

Hi!

I made this account solely for asking this question. I am a Dutch student that will be doing an internship in Cape Town for three months.
I am thinking of bringing a Phantom 4 so that I can continue doing what I like, shooting aerial video.

However, I am a bit hesitant since I'm worried of drawing too much attention with the drone and becoming a victim of crime.
Am I worrying too much?

Could someone give me some advice on things to do or not to do?

Kind regards

Hi!

I made this account solely for asking this question. I am a Dutch student that will be doing an internship in Cape Town for three months.
I am thinking of bringing a Phantom 4 so that I can continue doing what I like, shooting aerial video.

However, I am a bit hesitant since I'm worried of drawing too much attention with the drone and becoming a victim of crime.
Am I worrying too much?

Could someone give me some advice on things to do or not to do?

Kind regards

Hi,

I live in Cape Town and own a P4. What a lovely machine.

You will definitely draw attention but really dont have to worry about being a victim of crime. Just stick to the unregulated law [emoji2].

Happy to show you around when you are here.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As long as you don't go to the wrong areas and are cautious and careful I'd say you'll be fine.

People always only hear the crime stories of south africa. Yes there is crime, but I'm from London and there's crime here too if i go on my own at night to a dodgy part of town. As it would apply anywhere, be sensible, and don't do anything that you think will put you in a compromising position, but generally Cape Town is a vibrant place with friendly people and I wouldn't worry too much! Enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj