brand new and has no fpv preview help!!!

Reaction score
i have a brand new phantom vision 2 plus with no fpv preview on the app!
It still takes pictures and records,
I just tried the rebind and hasn't fixed any thing.
when I first turn it on the preview works for like 10 seconds then goes black screen on the Samsung s4, and when using ipod and ipad it just freezes the preview picture with a buffing circle on the screen,
any other ideas?
also I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled many times!
please help thank you

Try restarting the phone/device.

thanks for the reply 480sparky
i have restarted the phone many times, uninstalled reinstalled app many times!

lowr the preview settings and see if that helps.

Be sure the phone/pad does NOT have the option to connect to another/better WiFi access point

I have had similar issues, I'm pretty sure what you are experiencing is a firmware problem. Plug the Phantom and the TX into the software and check that all your firmware is up to date. In particular the firmware for the camera on the Phantom.

That might work.

C

You don't mention what device you are using !
It could be the device is to old and to slow for the FPV to show up.
If you get the telemetry then wifi is working.
See if you can get a friend/colleague to use there device they have to determine its the bird or the device you have.
I had the same issue before first flight.
A colleague has a iphone 5 and on that it would work so i knew the tablet i had was not good enough.
So i ended up buying a asus me175x device and that works like a charm !
The distance was way of in the beginning but after a update 3 months ago that issue is also fixed

cmhorka said:
Be sure the phone/pad does NOT have the option to connect to another/better WiFi access point
Yes. Android phones will do this. You have to go into your settings and disable that. iOS devices don't usually change wifi connections. What version are you running?

Black FPV video with telemetry data, but takes pics and video to SD card? Likely bad WiFi module. Best to send it back to DJI before warrenty is up. It's a known issue.

Try using a lower resolution first at 15FPS, but most likely if it still cuts loses FPV video, and the only way to get it back it to power cycle the Phantom, it is a bad WiFi module.

-Scott

sbarton said:
Black FPV video with telemetry data, but takes pics and video to SD card? Likely bad WiFi module. Best to send it back to DJI before warrenty is up. It's a known issue.

Try using a lower resolution first at 15FPS, but most likely if it still cuts loses FPV video, and the only way to get it back it to power cycle the Phantom, it is a bad WiFi module.

-Scott

This...I had to send my V+ back to B&H originally....they sent me a new unit and all was well.....

ToThePoint said:
See if you can get a friend/colleague to use there device they have to determine its the bird or the device you have.
A colleague has a iphone 5 and on that it would work so i knew the tablet i had was not good enough.
The distance was way of in the beginning but after a update 3 months ago that issue is also fixed

Did you update the Asus or the Vision app or the Phantom firmware? I have Asus me173 and the distance is wrong, but everything else works.
...Len

I have two Phantoms and both have issues. The one loses satellites when recording, even after the foil mod, the other had this black FPV screen. This is what I have tried,

I have checked all firmware which was up to date. I reflashed all firmware including the camera, made no difference. I tried two different Android phones and an iPhone, no difference. I also have tried two different WiFi extenders which didn't fix it either. Both extenders work perfectly with the drone that loses satellites though. One of these was getting returned but it might be both now. Could try swapping the internal WiFi module but don't know how difficult it is.

tsurt said:
ToThePoint said:

Did you update the Asus or the Vision app or the Phantom firmware? I have Asus me173 and the distance is wrong, but everything else works.
...Len

Hello Len

It was the same time that V3.04 came out and a update for the ME173X.
So bought updated, it was begin july.
After that the distance is spot on as i also had the distance issue.
Initially i had something like, well everything else is good so i take that as its almost half price of the expensive model, but i am very happy now.

ToThePoint said:
tsurt said:
ToThePoint said:

...Len

Hello Len

It was the same time that V3.04 came out and a update for the ME173X.
So bought updated, it was begin july.
After that the distance is spot on as i also had the distance issue.
Initially i had something like, well everything else is good so i take that as its almost half price of the expensive model, but i am very happy now.

I have the current version (V3.06 I think) of firmware on my Phantom, but I haven't made any changes to the firmware on my Asus ME173X. Maybe I should look for an update for it.
Thanks.
...Len

Mine is another one inside the warranty period that is current in getting the module replaced...seems like a common issue for DJI....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4