Braking

Reaction score
I keep getting an error message on the screen that says breaking return sticks to center position... I have no clue why this is happening it completely stops the drone from going any direction I'm new at this but in flown a lot of flights and it's only currently started to do this and I Missing a setting???? It has been windy here in California is it a wind issue?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Fancher9-76
Which version of DJI GO are you using?

I just got the drone in January if that makes a difference and it's all updated it's the phantom four pro plus

Have you calibrated sticks?

No... so I'll look into it
Thanks

This is s replacement drone from drone world because the first one lost a carbon fiber prop at 70 feet... anyway I didn't think anything changed in the controller but I guess some settings in the bird may have changed thanks I'll take a look at it very frustrating having it just STOP in mid flight

Hello KevinLee. I have not heard one like this yet, strange, it's like the sensors are picking up objects allowing no movement? 2nd. Lost a blade at 80ft. Dang that's too bad, glad you got a replacement. Be sure and tighten those propeller real good before flight. I'll use green loctite on those threads when I'm in the wind with the Carbon Blades, it's no wind issues at all.

No done with those blades .... but yeah alarms kept going off and the only message on the screen was that one flashing sooo strange....I watch it in front of me 150 ft nothing around it I have start and stop it 20 times to get it home on a piece of cake flight!!! Just wondering if I have a sensor setting on that I shouldn't have....

Although I did turn on a few I hadn't before like the avoidance setting when losing signal coming back home and another one I turned on I can't Remember right now..... maybe too much sensing turned oh I don't really need it I fly high and know my surroundings I should have changed to different modes as wrk to see if that alarm stopped... I'll try tomorrow thanks

Its a P4 Pro, so it has obstacle avoidance sensors on all for sides, with visual sensors forward/back, and IR sensors side to side. It's probably braking because of OAS.

This can be happening because there are actually obstacles being sensed and you aren't yet familiar enough with the behavior of this system. Or, the OAS might need to be calibrated (using DJI Assistant 2 and a PC/laptop), falsely sensing obstacles.

Two suggestions: First, upload the flight telemetry from those flights here and others can help see what's going on. I believe the DAT files from the bird itself have information regarding OAS triggers and aircraft behavior/response. That would be the easiest way to get to the bottom of it.

Second, perform a calibration of the OAS with DJI Assistant 2. It's a more involved procedure than calibrating the compass or IMU, but it isn't hard, and is a good thing to go through IMO to get a better idea of how the OAS does its thing.

Awesome thanks so much I'll spen the day giving all this a try.., thanks again for your help I really appreciate it and I will keep you up to speed thanks again have a great weekend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31