Brainstorm about "Crazy Gimbal"

Reaction score
My experience:
I opened my phantom and take apart my gimbal from the copter and connect them.
I discovered that while the gimbal or support of the gimbal and copter are parallel (horizontal) to the table the gimbal act crazy, but when I leave the gimbal in that position and I turn the copter 90* Grades so the battery looking UP, and the front of the copter looking DOWN, the gimbal stops the crazy dance and it doesn't heat.
I don't know nothing about this but looks like the problem stay on the electronics on the copter and not into the gimbal or camera, so they are in good condition.
Also there are this metallic box connected at the gimbal that doesn't exist on the P2, maybe is this what is broke.

If someone know more about this and use this inf. Please let me know.

With a normally functioning Phantom/gimbal, the gimbal goes limp once the Phantom reaches a certain amount of tilt. The NAZA is acting as the gimbal controller and I imagine that, once the Phantom reaches a certain angle, the NAZA shuts off gimbal control since compensation would be out of range. By tilting the Phantom, you are triggering the gimbal shutdown. Your gimbal is going nuts because something within is either bent, misaligned, or otherwise damaged.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj