bragging rights

Reaction score
come on then I really want to know how high can you actually go with one of these things (a standard vision)

I have been out a few times now an each time as confidence grows I push it a little more .. so far I have taken it up to 300 metres at that height it's a dot ...

I want to go higher .... your stories......

http://imgur.com/BEWe1AB

Wow, those vids are crazy, I think I would crap in my pants going that high....
So what IS the max. Distance the P2 can fly away from the RC without cutting out?
The webpage says 1000m which is more than 3000 feet......?
Does it make a difference if I go xyz meters straight up or the same distance in horizontal direction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Miniflexalex said:
So what IS the max. Distance the P2 can fly away from the RC without cutting out?

To China - according to some of the unfortunate P2 owners who have had "fly-aways"

EMCSQUAR said:
Miniflexalex said:

To China - according to some of the unfortunate P2 owners who have had "fly-aways"

:) I like your sense of humor....

I've gone 1.2km out, 300m high. My FPV cut out exactly when the tx signal did, so that's a good outer limit for me. If you look on youtube, you'll find people who have gotten well over a mile and a half with the stock tx. Depends on a number of things, including where you fly it.

Max distance up or out probably depends on antenna orientation. You're probably less likely to run into rf interference going straight up, but it's also not the idea direction for how the antennas are hanging.

ElGuano said:
I've gone 1.2km out, 300m high. My FPV cut out exactly when the tx signal did, so that's a good outer limit for me. If you look on youtube, you'll find people who have gotten well over a mile and a half with the stock tx. Depends on a number of things, including where you fly it.

Max distance up or out probably depends on antenna orientation. You're probably less likely to run into rf interference going straight up, but it's also not the idea direction for how the antennas are hanging.

Wow, so it seems like that the stock Phantom can really cover a range of 1km as advertised, perhaps if the surrounding is favorable.
Am I right under the assumption that the Phantom will turn around and fly back to the home point (if recorded) once the signal to the RC is lost?

Miniflexalex said:
ElGuano said:

Wow, so it seems like that the stock Phantom can really cover a range of 1km as advertised, perhaps if the surrounding is favorable.
Am I right under the assumption that the Phantom will turn around and fly back to the home point (if recorded) once the signal to the RC is lost?

Yep, if you have your failsafe set to "return home and landing" in Assistant and have a home point set, it'll do exactly that.

ElGuano said:
Miniflexalex said:
ElGuano said:

Yep, if you have your failsafe set to "return home and landing" in Assistant and have a home point set, it'll do exactly that.

Thanks, I'm not going to try it 'yet' but it's good to know that it would fly back if for whatever reason the signal gets lost.

I'm guessing the people discussing it are interested.. not interested ? then keep going

there is no doubt people on here that have been on here and around this scene for a long time and maybe it gets a bit boring hearing the same inane questions/comments all the time.

what you need to realise is that there is a new element of users excited with their new gadget that want simple advice and comments...

each to their own I say... if your not interested.......

thanks to those who always seem happy to help and answer...pull-up/i.drone and loads of others who will know who they are.

PETELEEUK said:
I'm guessing the people discussing it are interested.. not interested ? then keep going

there is no doubt people on here that have been on here and around this scene for a long time and maybe it gets a bit boring hearing the same inane questions/comments all the time.

what you need to realise is that there is a new element of users excited with their new gadget that want simple advice and comments...

each to their own I say... if your not interested.......

thanks to those who always seem happy to help and answer...pull-up/i.drone and loads of others who will know who they are.

No I am interested, why do you want to be able to fly so far away that you no longer have line of sight to the Phantom? If you check my posting history I do my bit to answer and help people.

Now if your asking this question of people who have paid a lot of money to get a state of the art FPV system then thats cool. They may be able to get back if things go wrong. However what does concern me is some of the new people you refer to may not have the experience or knowledge to recover a Phantom Vision for example because once its that far away it might not be coming back. :roll:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31