Bouncing during take-off and landing.

Sometimes you have to hand catch, i do it most of the time, just
like the pic, grab firmly at top of back leg with right hand, but while its hovering steady, hold still while throttle down with left hand and a couple of seconds she stops, and then I use my thumb to power off battery, actually pretty simple (unless your accident prone)

Last edited:
My phantom 4 suddenly started bouncing up and down when close to ground, so i calibrated the drone on dji assistant 2 and i only had 2 set of tests, one for front camera and one for down camera,i did them both and still no effect ! Please help

I had the same bounce issue as the original poster. Calibrating all of the sensors fixed it.

I hand catch all of the time to avoid the dust an debris hitting the camera and being sucked in by the cooling fans. I do it differently than the video posted above. I lower it to just below shoulder height and reach under it with palm up, then grab the strut away from me, cut power. I then have one strut in my hand and one on resting on my arm. I do this to keep the weight on both struts. It may not be needed, but I figure it is less stress on it. This method may not work for someone with short arms.

I had the same bounce issue as the original poster. Calibrating all of the sensors fixed it.

I hand catch all of the time to avoid the dust an debris hitting the camera and being sucked in by the cooling fans. I do it differently than the video posted above. I lower it to just below shoulder height and reach under it with palm up, then grab the strut away from me, cut power. I then have one strut in my hand and one on resting on my arm. I do this to keep the weight on both struts. It may not be needed, but I figure it is less stress on it. This method may not work for someone with short arms.
Thank you so mivh for your reply JWH,
I didnt quite understand the process of calibration that corrected the problem, can you please elaborate?

I realised that my phantom 4 in addition to bouncing problem is not stoping in front of obsticles eventhough all sensers are turend on, what
should i do??

I had this issue too. Make sure you download the latest DJI Assistant app (it was release a week or two ago DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads It contains a new calibration process which seems more accurate than the old one. This fixed my problems

Just open it up, plug your P4 in and go to calibration and follow instructions

Plug the drone into your PC. Open up the DJI Go app on your mobile device, then follow the instructions on the calibration screen. The instructions are on the link that The Flying Swan posted above.

Thank you so mivh for your reply JWH,
I didnt quite understand the process of calibration that corrected the problem, can you please elaborate?

It is the calibration of the downward facing sensors. I think that they were the culprit. It fixed my issues. It took me a couple of tries before I figured out that I had it oriented wrong. Follow the instructions to the letter.

Installed the new calibration in dji assist 1.0.6 and took it out in some pretty rough wind this morning . . .18-20mph with gusts exceeding 25 I'd bet . . ( no local wind readings, just experience) . Not very stable altitude hold . . it was all over the place, GPS flight controls were keeping up pretty well, but even that was working pretty hard just to stay in one place. Also, I was working near and behind and just above a row of 20ft trees, so the turbulence was certainly a major factor. Trying to establish a hover at 20 ft or so, it would climb and descend by 10-15 feet or more sometimes . . quite quickly and unexpectedly . . over smooth pavement . . without any control input. I really could not take my eyes off it for a second . . I'll repeat all that, soon as it calms down and report back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20