Boulder Creek at Mt Baker, Washington

Nice! what were the camera settings?
Thanks! I used manual settings with ISO at 100 and for shutter speed I used both 1/50 and 1/60 in conjunction with a Taco ND16 filter. The highlights were still blown out somewhat on the snow of Mt Baker though. I probably could've gotten away using a ND32 filter.

Reactions: Intrepid97
Very nice. I just started flying my P4 and have the Polar Pro Professional series filters. It has a mix of ND and PL/ND hybrids. Waiting to really try it out.

I live in Illinois, so, no nice mountains to shoot lol

Again, very nice video!

Very nice. I just started flying my P4 and have the Polar Pro Professional series filters. It has a mix of ND and PL/ND hybrids. Waiting to really try it out.

I live in Illinois, so, no nice mountains to shoot lol

Again, very nice video!
If your doing video, be careful with PL filters. Their effect changes as you change the viewing angle relative to the sun so panning around with a polarizer attached is pretty much impossible to properly fix the color. Actually, the camera has such a wide angle you can see the polarization effect varying within a single frame. ND filters are extremely useful for video however because you want to slow down your shutter speed to for smoother video. Cheers!

Reactions: Intrepid97
If your doing video, be careful with PL filters. Their effect changes as you change the viewing angle relative to the sun so panning around with a polarizer attached is pretty much impossible to properly fix the color. Actually, the camera has such a wide angle you can see the polarization effect varying within a single frame. ND filters are extremely useful for video however because you want to slow down your shutter speed to for smoother video. Cheers!
Thank you. I did not know that. :)

An excellent documentary. I didn't watch the entire thing, but stayed for over 14 minutes. It takes a lot to keep me interested that long. They say the average length of time for people watching YouTube videos is less than 3 minutes. But sometimes that just isn't enough to show what you want to show. I liked that during the entire 14+ minutes I only saw one very brief propeller incursion. I enjoyed that, and the fact that your shots are smooth. No jerky, fast pans. Overall, very professional. Thanks.

An excellent documentary. I didn't watch the entire thing, but stayed for over 14 minutes. It takes a lot to keep me interested that long. They say the average length of time for people watching YouTube videos is less than 3 minutes. But sometimes that just isn't enough to show what you want to show. I liked that during the entire 14+ minutes I only saw one very brief propeller incursion. I enjoyed that, and the fact that your shots are smooth. No jerky, fast pans. Overall, very professional. Thanks.
Thanks. I've found that when in the mountains, propeller incursions are real challenge to deal with and still get scenery, much of (or most of) which is higher than the drone can even fly. My next Cascades drone expedition will have an even higher starting point :) but I still will have to watch out for that.

Just beautiful! Long, but very nice. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl