bought used PV330

Reaction score
I bought this used PV330 from what I understand is a PHANTOM 2 VISION. Correct me if I am wrong. I am trying to connect the camera and gimbal together but I think they are broken. Can someone shed some light or direct me to replacements? If they are not broken what am I missing?
20170626_034037.jpg
20170626_034046.jpg
20170626_034057.jpg
20170626_034115.jpg
20170626_034126.jpg
20170626_034138.jpg
20170626_034204.jpg
20170626_034215.jpg
20170626_034236.jpg
20170626_034242.jpg
20170626_034037.jpg
20170626_034046.jpg
20170626_034057.jpg
20170626_034115.jpg
20170626_034126.jpg
20170626_034138.jpg
20170626_034204.jpg
20170626_034215.jpg
20170626_034236.jpg
20170626_034242.jpg

Hello,
From the pics, you have a broken gimbal plate
IMG_0044.PNG

You'll need to remove screws plate and servo, as new one only comes with plastic part, as pictured above!

Next
The camera egg
There are 3 parts to attaching the camera
1) screw ( yours are missing )
2) insert ( knurled insert ) you have this but might be stripped out?
3) cover plate ( small rubber cover piece that covered the screw ( but not needed ))
IMG_0046.JPG

This should get your camera mounted on the craft, then we can see if there are any other issues, as the craft has been crashed. I'm happy to walk you through everything to get her working again.

Involves IMU, and compass calibration!

As we wait for repair parts, we can test everything,

First
Ona laptop download
( DJI PC ASSISTANT )
( DJI RC ASSISTANT )
( DJI DRIVER )

We will need these to calibrate your TX, and Bird!
Go to DJI.com archives ( phantom 2 vision ) to find the proper programs.

Once you've done that, put fresh batteries in your Tx, and charge phantom battery fully! Remove props, then write me back! I'm at work, but I'll be around here and there!

( does your Tx have a USB port on it? ) controller!

J Dot

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is an old video I did, that might help shed some light on how it goes!

J Dot
:cool:

[The camera egg
There are 3 parts to attaching the camera
1) screw ( yours are missing )
2) insert ( knurled insert ) you have this but might be stripped out?
3) cover plate ( small rubber cover piece that covered the screw ( but not needed )]

1. Yes screw is missing.
2. Nope not stripped. I removed and placed onto the servo gear to check.
3. Yes missing.

The gimbal plate has a stud on it (pic 5 op) that goes into the camera housing (pic 7 op). This is sheared off I removed the piece from the camera housing but I cannot get the piece to come out of the gimbal plate (glued?). Will the gimbal plate replacement include the stud or does this come out and replace the stud only. This is the only broken thing I can find. Where can I purchase the gimbal plate? I have looked briefly with no luck. Also I have been flying the drone already minus the camera. It flies a little different than my P4 I must say.

J Dot. Thanks for the video. It gave me a better understanding of how this is all assembled.

Yes
Pin is part of gimbal plate, just snapped off, new plate will have it on it already.
As for the screw, I'm not sure the size, but fairly aggressive thread with button cap. I'm sure it as an "m' size metric screw ( dji china lol ).....
I'll try to get a closeup of it for you later, then we can test camera as well, without gimbal attached!

My next question
Do you have the camera MAC ADDRESS? Might be on box? If not we can get it very simply.
This will be our next goal, let me know.

Are you I the USA?
If so EBAY has them. Or I can send you one, let me know on this as well?

J Dot

That is the range extender mac, we need camera mac.

Do you have an android device?
If so download ( InSSIDer app in google play )
You will need it to retrieve the mac addy.

J Dot

Ok
Make sure your extender is charged,and you have the DJI VISION app installed on your device, then follow this video I made!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know if it worked, and you have live feed from camera to phone.

J Dot

Wanted to add, make sure camera is plugged in ( with bird off, NEVER plug or unplug anything with the bird on EVER !)
And camera is set to ( WI-FI ON position )

J Dot

Yes in SC near Greenville. I followed all of the steps but it would tell me Phantom connection broken. Then my range extender went out. On charge now. I will let it charge then try again.

Sounds great,
The camera might have a bad board, but we will see when extender is charged, sometimes it takes a couple times to bind, lol.

Keep me updated!
I'm in Florida, just below you, lol
I hope the weather has been kind to you guys up there, a bit rainy here. But still decent out.

J Dot

Ps: yes big difference from P4, or p3 crafts, even the setup, app, laptop, all different, it was hard for us p1/p2 users to move up to a 3, or 4 , as everything we knew and were used to doing was totally different. Was a learning process , as the earlier models, used a laptop to change settings, modes, calibrations, etc. but p3 and newer everything is in the app! But the p2's are fully programmable, can be modded, changed, as well as many aftermarket parts, and hop ups. Where newer models not so much! So they do have benefits, as well. Yours is a early version of the vision, hopefully 3.08 or earlier on firmware ( do not update ) early firmwares before 3.08 have NO GEOFENCING,no Flight limits,no, no fly zones, I have an early model, I can fly ANYWHERE, even take off from airport runway ( not that I would ) but I could. Those NAZA's are worth good money with old firmware on them, and getting harder to find!
If you decide to upgrade, get a spare NAZA, and swap to upgrade. You can sell that NAZA with older firmware, to make money back +$.....:)
Just a bit of info!

Shebang! Got it to work. Also tested the servo and it is working. I was using DJI vision app on my S7 Edge then after the extender was charged I installed the DJI vision app on my LG Stylo (that I use for my P4). It took a couple of tries but connected. DJI GO works for my P4 on the S7 it may be possible it is not supported on the vision app? How can I tell what firmware is installed? I cannot wait for the part to arrive. I used to fly electric helicopters and amassed a small collection but the fun faded after awhile. With the drones the ability to see and take pic/vid while in flight keeps it entertaining for me.

Not sure on android devices, as I'm an iOS man, lol.

Ok next
We need the laptop stuff mentioned earlier.

Dji vision
1) PC ASSISTANT
2) RC ASSISTANT
3) driver

Everything on the p1/p2 era models is done on a computer or laptop.
( this is where we can find firmware version, etc. )

So go to dji.com ( archives ) as p1/p2 units have been discontinued. And download appropriate software. Then we can move forward!

J Dot

Ps: AWESOME, it works!:)

Reactions: impurenergy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31