Bought Refurb P3P - New Shell

Reaction score
I am still waiting for decent weather to fly my P3P for the first time. Being bored, I decided to lift up one motor to check the shell. Sure enough, I have one of the new shells with all of the reinforcement. The bird came from Drone Nerds for $599. Label on bird and box says W323. Crossing my fingers that the first flight goes well - hopefully this weekend.

Last edited:
I think I have seen every Phantom video on the internet. [emoji3] I also subscribed to the Phantom Film School and have been watching the flight training module. I'm very knowledgeable in land-based photography and video, so I just need to learn to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch out for that wind! And be sure to warm your battery.
Mark, you know what this area has been like lately! However, as a race car driver, I know optimal prep is crucial to a safe experience. But this is testing my patience! :D

How can you tell if you have the new shel design or not? You lift up the motor and what are you checking for? Thicker plastic where the motor mounts to? I have a p3a with the new style motors, but from what I have seen on this forum thus far is, just cuz you have the new motors doesn't mean your out of the clear just yet for cracks in the arms..

How can you tell if you have the new shel design or not? You lift up the motor and what are you checking for? Thicker plastic where the motor mounts to? I have a p3a with the new style motors, but from what I have seen on this forum thus far is, just cuz you have the new motors doesn't mean your out of the clear just yet for cracks in the arms..

Using the search function...
Here...
New shell vs old shell
And here...
New? Shell Differences
and one last one...
How to tell if you have old shell or new...

This is what I saw when I looked under the motor

full

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl