Bought B&H "Deal Zone" Phantom 2 v2 with Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal - need advice

Reaction score
B&H had a "Deal Zone" offer of a Phantom 2 v2 with a Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal last week for $499, which seemed like a pretty good deal. I'm an experienced P2V+ owner and was looking for a second bird to fill out the fleet, so to speak, so this package seemed like a good starting pont, especially as I already had a GoPro 4 Black sitting around.

The advice I'm seeking is what is recommended to allow for FPV. Also for control of the camera (start/stop more than anything), if that's possible. I assume I need a transmitter and RX for the camera, but would appreciate any knowledgeable, experienced opinions.

My primary intended use is to shoot video with the GoPro, so being able to see what the camera is shooting is paramount. I assume the DJI OSD add on will provide telemetry data, so what else do you recommend I acquire?

Thanks, Guy

You will need a video transmitter and the DJI IOSD Mini unit to get all flight information on your screen, and also you need a screen, often the FPV screens has built in Receivers, if the screen hasn't a built in receiver you will also need a receiver unit.

As far as i know you can not start and stop the gopro recordings other than directly from the camera, thats the downside with that kind of setup.

I have a P2 with H4-3D just like yours, with a Hero 4 Black.

DO NOT have the GoPro Wi-Fi on while flying, it is on the same frequency as the Phantom, so you dont want to risk losing control. I change my settings right before takeoff, and I land if I need to change anything. Pain? Yep. But that's the only option.

For FPV I installed the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter, as well as the iOSD mini, and got the non-solder power cable. I also got the Black Pearl 7-Channel 7" monitor.

I'm only 2 months in as a P2 owner, but I've learned a LOT here... hope I've helped somewhat...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers