Bought a fpv antenna extender not sure how well it will work for my p3s

Reaction score
Hey guys I found this antenna extender on eBay for 75$ from Taiwan kind of iffy about it but I'll know if I got my money's worth when j get it and install it. Its called ---DJI Phantom 3 Standard Range – extender by ARGtek antenna---

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here it is: DJI Phantom 3 standard - WiFi range extended by ARGtek High Gain Antenna
s-l1600.jpg

I have to say It looks really interesting.

Edit:
"Remote control radius from 350 M up to 1,000 KM."
****! That's some serious range. Not even dirkclod can compete with that... yet :D

Last edited:
Reactions: jefffromearth
I seen this today on ebay as well...I sent them an email asking if they have any video of one in action...here is what they sent back to me...is there anyway to verify that the video is of a P3S by whats beign shown on the app? Looks like in the video they got a little over 1900m

Thoughts?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I seen this today on ebay as well...I sent them an email asking if they have any video of one in action...here is what they sent back to me...is there anyway to verify that the video is of a P3S by whats beign shown on the app? Looks like in the video they got a little over 1800m

Thoughts?
It is from a standard. Advance and Proffesional have a different icon on video downlink! Not sure though

Reactions: dirtybum
It is from a standard. Advance and Proffesional have a different icon on video downlink! Not sure though

Interesting...what type of distance are people averaging with the DBS mod? is it comparable to this or more? I just like the way this mounts etc..

What i see there it's a decent range. But you pay 75$ for this and you could get DBS mod for 109$. I'm not an expert but with dbs mod you have the chance to change antennas, something you can't do with this kit. Range depends on mode (ce or fcc), location, altitude and to be exact i don't know the average range with dbs mod. It's probably more than this. Not a bad antenna kit though

Update: My bad i just have seen you can remove the antennas and replace them. I don't know anything more that that with antennas and signal. That's all i can tell you about this. Looks good by the way

One thing i noticed in the video is that the Phantom took off with a decent amount of trees and houses quite close and in the direction it then went. The lost signal in the video could well be caused by obstructed LOS.

Bone stock, think I could get more out of it was only down to 3 bars both control and video. Granted I'm sure the antenna mods help in the city for sure...

Reactions: jointeffort
You can do the same for much cheaper using u.fl to RP SMA cables (you need 3) and Alfa wi-fi antennas. I did this mod and got at least 1500 ft further over stock. Still didn't hit one mile, but I was about 400 feet away from it.

311s2vp.jpg

Reactions: EtotheC
Very interesting...please keep us updated on it. Looks like it SHOULD work and the install is so much cleaner and it would pack up real nice. Maybe I should wait to install my ITElite panel till I hear about the performance on this. Good design...efficient.

You can do the same for much cheaper using u.fl to RP SMA cables (you need 3) and Alfa wi-fi antennas. I did this mod and got at least 1500 ft further over stock. Still didn't hit one mile, but I was about 400 feet away from it.

311s2vp.jpg
Would love to see some more info on your setup...

Do you have to pay any import charges ?

311s2vp.jpg

I to would like to see what you did to get this. Please PM or post if possible. Thanks!!!

The antenna I was referring to just shipped I should get it by the end of the month. I'll post a video of my stock p3s once I get my new flex ribbon cable for the gimbal and replace it. So before video I'll post up by end of next week, I'll be flying it in nyc but hopefully I'll find a place with little if not no disturbance to the remote. And I'll post a after video once I get the mod and hook it up. Commented on their YouTube installation video the guy told me I'm looking at about 2x range but I think that can vary to maybe even 2-4x

Reactions: ninosnicolaou

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic