Bought a cheap p3 pro

Phantom 3 pro on black friday for $150 even comes with extra battery. From DJI website.
tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif
You have a link for that? -- I will take a dozen

Unfortunately, I'd say there's a 99.9% chance that you've been scammed. My suggestion is to keep track of your package, using the tracking number provided, and, once delivered, shoot video of you opening the package. .........

Try reading post 36 first..............

If it does arrive, it may be a stolen craft. There are tons of stolen craft out there. My P3P was stolen from my SUV 2 weeks ago. List the serial number down in this thread. If it does turn up stolen, you can be reimbursed due to fraudulent activity.

Hi guys, I just found a deal on eBay this morning (europe time morning), and bought it immediately after reading everything carefully to see if I am getting scammed, how ever trusting eBay return policy and paypal protections, I bought this p3 pro brand new drone at $459 shipped with an extra battery.
I am still not believing that this could be legit, but we will see whats up ( asked 2 questions to the seller but didn't reply, and marked my item shipped after half an hour it was paid)

DJI Phantom 3 Professional vision 4K 12 Megapixel HD Camera + Extra NEW

let me know what you all think
There is an old age saying "If it sounds to good to be true it probably is". Lots of luck you will need it.

The way they usually get hijacked is the scammers send out phishing email by the millions, saying 'your ebay account has been suspended..... please log in with the link provided'. The link takes you to the scammers website that looks exactly like the ebay site

Yes, that is exactly what happens. But further, often the scammer will put his email within the actual auction, saying "email me with any questions" and when you email him he will reply saying blah blah blah then offering to "end the auction early" if you will send him a cashiers check for, ohhhh say $100 or $200.00 bucks and if so he'll just end the auction and ship the item to you for FREE. So, the real EBAY account owner never gets told that the item sold. And the scammer ultimately can end up getting lots of deposits that are easier to process and since the buyer went outside of EBAY processes to order EBAY or PayPal won't do any refunding. In the past, several auctions of this sort were done and the most popular items being sold were actual quads (the 4-wheel type) and laptop computers.
I hope this doesn't sound like a "lecture" but it's important to know that EBAY and similar companies that sell to the millions often are infiltrated by EXTREMELY GOOD SCAMMERS and it can be almost impossible to figure out whether a particular offer is a good one or a scam. The rule that I go by is that if it sounds like a "good deal" then do some homework & if all checks out go ahead and buy it. But if it's a "ridiculously good deal" then don't waste your time. Because whoever is selling the item is probably way way ahead of the game and implementing skills that you won't be able to discover until it's too late. Usually these scammers offer sales of the most popular items so that they have a larger base of potential customers. On EBAY they move quickly from one item to the next. They steal EBAY accounts so that it appears that the seller is a good one. They offer to complete the transaction outside of EBAY. Often that will get them a deposit from several different people.
If you insist in trying to buy one of these "deal of a lifetime" items then one thing you can do is to send an email to the seller and ask several long questions. When they reply, if the English they use is broken or mangled at all then LOOK NO FURTHER. I know this isn't PC, but a huge majority of these types of scams are run out of foreign countries.
Oh, and one more thing. If u do get scammed, as far as getting anything back from EBAY or PayPal, it's HIGHLY UNPREDICTABLE. I've done extensive searches and found people posting that they had never got any recovery from EBAY or PayPal and/or that they had success. My guess is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Most often they will refuse to give you anything if you were duped by an actual scammer. But sometimes if you become a real pain that they may help.

........... one thing you can do is to send an email to the seller and ask several long questions. .........

Be sure to ask totally non-sensical questions. Such as, "Is the factory-installed paperclip still functional?", or "Is the semi-boloid stator still in it's original trunion girdlespring?"

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Is Phantom NR Generator working?
Is it still totally nuclear?!? ;-)

RedHotPoker

When the P2V+ came out the same type ads went up. A group here bought for $20 and they got a small clay fish or some nonsense. There is a huge thread and it makes for a good read if you can find it.
One guy here (who will remain nameless) bought 6 of them and got the tiny fish. He had to send back the fish for the refund and he sent a real bait fish back as a joke on them, turns out the joke was still on him as the return address was no good so he got the stinky fish back! LOLZ

If it's to good to be true... ah, you know the rest. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
When the P2V+ came out the same type ads went up. A group here bought for $20 and they got a small clay fish or some nonsense. There is a huge thread and it makes for a good read if you can find it.
One guy here (who will remain nameless) bought 6 of them and got the tiny fish. He had to send back the fish for the refund and he sent a real bait fish back as a joke on them, turns out the joke was still on him as the return address was no good so he got the stinky fish back! LOLZ

If it's to good to be true... ah, you know the rest. ;)
Funny guy huh o_O Made one hellava avatar
#2.jpg

That thread is gone or most of it . Da goon deleted it when he did me :)
Was wood and think Irish Spring made it into that avatar for me .
Dang fish didn't smell so swift when it got back but we had some fun in that thread :)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
MSRP on P3S is less than was the MSRP on P2V+. DJI improved cost on the P3S and passed on the savings to consumers. Still better to spend a little more for a P3A tho!

MSRP on P3S is less than was the MSRP on P2V+. DJI improved cost on the P3S and passed on the savings to consumers. Still better to spend a little more for a P3A tho!
Yeah but it is last years model, the price should be less than the P3S.
I got my P3S brand new for $700 less than the P3P, it was a no brainer to get the P3S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers