Bought a cheap p3 pro

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just found a deal on eBay this morning (europe time morning), and bought it immediately after reading everything carefully to see if I am getting scammed, how ever trusting eBay return policy and paypal protections, I bought this p3 pro brand new drone at $459 shipped with an extra battery.
I am still not believing that this could be legit, but we will see whats up ( asked 2 questions to the seller but didn't reply, and marked my item shipped after half an hour it was paid)

DJI Phantom 3 Professional vision 4K 12 Megapixel HD Camera + Extra NEW

let me know what you all think

Scam... the "sellers" close or empty the Paypal account immediately after the sale, so the Payapl "protection" is useless. Be ready to kiss your $459 good-bye. I hope I'm proven wrong, but doubt it.

before i read any comments, i said this is waaaaaaay too good to be true.

i hope it's legit but try not to get too excited for it may never show up at your doorstep. :(

if this deal were true with the extra battery, i'd buy a dozen of them and sell them like hotcakes for 1K a piece.

Yep. Someone else fell for this a few months back and was sent a ring box with a 2" piece of yarn in it.

Here's your proof it's a scam:

todayusave | eBay

if things don't go right, I can do bank claim as well, because one time paypal didn't cover my butt so I claimed it through bank, and WF took the money back from paypal. So thats my last cover

he got his eBay account since 02, how could he be scamming and still have such an old account running

Last edited:
I imagine a scammer has hijacked a legitimate sellers site for this one.....the price is way too cheap to be true, particularly when he claims to be an authorised dealer.
If it's real, your Christmas has come early!

Would be nice if you report back to this thread as to what the outcome is.

Reactions: John N Kronyak
I imagine a scammer has hijacked a legitimate sellers site for this one......

Obvious when the existing feedback is several months old, and for items not even remotely related to drones. Mostly small-item automotive stuff, like radios for older vehicles and user manuals.

The way they usually get hijacked is the scammers send out phishing email by the millions, saying 'your ebay account has been suspended..... please log in with the link provided'. The link takes you to the scammers website that looks exactly like the ebay site. The poor sap responds, types in his username and password, and the scammer's website stores that information and sends him/her to the real ebay site.

Once they have control of the hacked account, they change the bank account associated with ebay & PayPal. This is easy to do since most people use the same moniker and password on both sites. Once they make a few grand, they relocate the money and close up all the accounts. There's no bank account for ebay or PayPal to dip in to since it's closed and emptied by the time the real account holder figures it out..... if they ever do.

These are usually hit-and-run affairs. They may have already folded up shop on this account and are now posting listings on any of the hundreds of others they've gotten ahold of.

Reactions: John N Kronyak
okay, eBay just sent me this

weird, wondering if the is a legit email

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 5.47.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 5.47.22 PM.png
    89 KB · Views: 868
Nice explanation Sparky- but would not the real Ebay account holder get confirmation of the item being listed, and also the buyers question?

Amount is still showing on my paypal transaction list, how ever it hasn't left my bank account yet. also when I sign in to paypal, this is what I get
Screen%20Shot%202015-11-15%20at%206.01.26%20PM_zpsyqc7u2uc.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-15%20at%205.56.06%20PM_zps2rigfbb4.png

Last edited:
  1. Contact eBay resolution center
  2. Contact PayPal and report the fraud and provide email from eBay
  3. Contact whatever payment method was used via PayPal and report the transaction as fraudulent.
Secondly - and this may be the security professional in me - I would changing your eBay, PayPal, and email passwords to new unique passwords just in case...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
other parties account was hacked, they cancelled the transaction, getting my refund and looking to buy another p3 pro lol well atlas I tried haha

Reactions: discv and bsomms
Nice explanation Sparky- but would not the real Ebay account holder get confirmation of the item being listed, and also the buyers question?

Possibly, but the authorized account holder may simply ignore the email, or think it's simply confirmation that they've 'corrected' the alleged issue.

All the scammer has to do is wait a week or two to see if they still have access to the account. If so, they merrily use it to siphon money from honest, hard-working folks.

Remember, this scam can be perpetrated on a massive scale, since it's all electronic. So let's play a numbers game. Let's say you're a scammer, and you purchase an email list of 1 million addy's. Let's pretend that just 1% of the recipients fall for it. You now have the names & passwords of 10,000 ebayers. Now, suppose half of those use the same name & password at PayPal. You now have 5,000 potential accounts you can hijack.

So you begin to perpetrate your scam. You first log into those 5000 accounts and change the bank account associated with them. Yes, probably 95% of the original users will pick this up on their radar and take action. But the other 5% aren't as vigilant.

To do the math for you, that's 250 accounts you now have full access to. And with the right computer skills, this can be done in rather short order. So you toss out a P3P for sale for $429 on one account, and other high$ items on the other accounts, then sit back and wait for the money to roll in. Let's say the average price of your alleged items offered is $500. Out of those 250 accounts, let's say 10% of them have a duped buyer who's not on his toes before someone (like ebay, in this case) wises up. 25x$200=$12,500. Not bad for a day's work.

Tomorrow, the f*@*ing &(*&as-~+=_$ douche-bags do it all over again.

other parties account was hacked, they cancelled the transaction, getting my refund and looking to buy another p3 pro lol well atlas I tried haha

Fantastic!

Last edited:
I've got one going cheap. New/unopened. Just PM me your credit card details.....................................!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers