boscam ts832 / blackpearl 7" 5.8 issues

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just got my second phantom which it have used the boscam 832 Tx, with the DJI FPV hub and the mini iOSD.

My previous Phantom had the DJI AVS58 TX and I could get upto 1km with great reception. This Boscam setup goes to crap at 20m, making it useless.

I have tried every band and channel and have read about how different channels have different outputs, it is not that.

I have tried using the DJI cloverleaf antennae off my old set up that got 1km, exactly same result, not that either.

I had someone else with a screen and RX that gets 1km tune into the same channel as me, his reception crapped out at the same time as mine, thus ruling out my BP monitor.

Attached is a photo on how it is wired (the order of hub, anti-interference etc), i have tried with the mini Iosd all hanging out the ensure it was interference from the wires inside, that too made no difference.

One question I had was maybe the fpv hub wasn't giving enough power to the TX?

Can anyone see something wrong here? Any help appreciated, need to get this thing working ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• uyp.jpg
    uyp.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 645
Simple stuff to check first.

Was the TX new to you? If so, ask the retailer to swap it as it could have a faulty output stage - or is not tuning correctly.

Have you got the correct connection type between the TX and antenna? There are 2 main types, one with the pin in the "male" side and one with the bin in the "female" side. Running the TX with the wrong - or no antenna could well damage the TX and be the root of your problems.

Yes the drone and tx both bought new from dronefly.

Yes had already checked and double checked the pins in the antennae plugs.

Thinking it must be the tx now, hopefully dronefly will swap it for another one... might go back to the avl58

Thanks for your suggestions

No i didn't i am well aware what that would have done.

After checking absolutely everything, the only conclusion was that is must have been faulty.

Luckily the guys at Dronefly are awesome and are swapping it for a DJI one.

Their customer services is fantastic :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr