Boscam TS353 Tx / Boscam RC805 Rx Combo

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I already have a monitor (I do commercial video) and wanted to use it with my Phantom for FPV. Has anyone used the Boscam TS353 Tx / Boscam RC805 Rx Combo? Care to share what are your experiences on this tx/rx pair? Thanks

I use Boscam transmitters and they work fine. Do you intend to put in an iOSD Mini also for telemetry data? highly recommended so for the Phantom there's a nice plug and play cable so you don't have to solder anything

Anyway you said you already have a display so you want the separate receiver, should work fine. Antennas are going to be really important, crap antennas = crap range no matter how good your transmitter is

Hey QYV, yes I plan to get the iOSD too. Nothing would make me feel more secure than knowing some important data from the quad, though I've read that regardless, flyaways or autolands still happen even if the data on display suggests otherwise. Anyway, I'm just looking for some user experience before I order the set. I'm even thinking of just getting the Boscam 5802 and the TS353 to avoid any extra wires and stuff.

That's basically the setup I have and I really like it. I have the TS352 because it outputs 1000mW on some channels but to be fair it is a power hog. I have a TS353 on order I'm going to try out and see how it affects flight time.

If you check this stickythread in FPV forum viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413, you'll find what I think is the lowest price on the iOSD Mini (for the US anyway) as well as a link to the PnP cable you want just make sure you get the Boscam version not ImmersionRC/Fatshark.

I like my RX-LCD5802, in the stickythread there is a link to a cool 3d printer mount for the RC. The good thing about all this is, if you decide you want to add goggles later it's easy... the broadcast from your Phantom can be received by any compatible device so if you decide you want goggles later you can just add them, easy.

Antennas are super important for range, I highly recommend splurging on premium antennas like the ones from FPVLR they make a huge difference!

honestly flyaways are rare these days, most of the autoland features can be disabled in the Assistant software except for the super urgent final like you have NO battery left autoland... and in either case if you happen to experience an issue having live FPV may help you know exactly where the quad goes down. but really just don't push your battery to the limits and you should be fine.
I think the default battery warnings on the P2 are 30% and 25%, I dropped them to 25% and 20% and I've never had an issue with autoland or anything, but I also start heading home and making sure I'm not too high in the air (2m/s descent rate limit) when the battery starts to get low. you don't want to be at like 200m @ 1000m lateral with 30 or 25% left :)

Can someone post their boscam setup as am looking for a decent fpv setup for p2. How do you mount the tvl 700 cameras to the p2 do you need gimbals and what not?

king156 said:
How do you mount the tvl 700 cameras to the p2

You lost me there I don't know what a TVL 700 is. Most of us are running GoPros in our Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. with that basic setup it's super easy to add FPV...

i cant afford a go pro and the gimbal so i saw these cheap tvl cameras by sony there like £20 i was wandering how i could use it for fpv or any other cheap fpv solutioons?

ThePhantom said:
I just read this article.

http://www.fpvuk.org/things-explained/v ... and-range/

It means I can buy an even cheaper transmitter (200mw) and spend my gold on better quality RX antennas.

hm yes and no. 200mW should theoretically be enough for decent range... IF you're in a zero interference environment like way out in the country.
I started with 200mW trying to fly in the city and could only get about 20-30m before interference was too much... same antennas, but I upgraded to the TS352 and NOW I get 1km range

also, just sayin I Don't know what the prices are exactly in the UK, but from what I'm seeing the TS351 (200mW) vs TS353 (400mW) the price is only about $10usd difference... so why not double your power. again, just something to consider

QYV said:
ThePhantom said:
I just read this article.

http://www.fpvuk.org/things-explained/v ... and-range/

It means I can buy an even cheaper transmitter (200mw) and spend my gold on better quality RX antennas.

hm yes and no. 200mW should theoretically be enough for decent range... IF you're in a zero interference environment like way out in the country.
I started with 200mW trying to fly in the city and could only get about 20-30m before interference was too much... same antennas, but I upgraded to the TS352 and NOW I get 1km range

also, just sayin I Don't know what the prices are exactly in the UK, but from what I'm seeing the TS351 (200mW) vs TS353 (400mW) the price is only about $10usd difference... so why not double your power. again, just something to consider

I went with the previous setup that I posted QYV. Those BlueBeam Antennas from your other thread sure are pricey, but they seem to be getting rave reviews so I got them too. Now, the long wait begins.

ThePhantom said:
I went with the previous setup that I posted QYV. Those BlueBeam Antennas from your other thread sure are pricey, but they seem to be getting rave reviews so I got them too. Now, the long wait begins.

you mean the FPVLR's? they are pricey but you get what you pay for :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers