Boscam TS353 install questions

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but I'm installing my Boscam TS353 400mw vtx and it came with a plastic shrink wrap on it. So I remove it right? Wasn't sure if it was supposed to protect the electronics.

Also, I was planning to double side tape it to the bottom of the P2. But 1 side has the exposed electronics and the other has the heat sink. How should I attach it? I guess tape the heat sink to the phantom? Does it get pretty warm?

Also, I'm installing with the iosd mini. The green, white and red cable are not needed right? Was going to trim those off. I just need the yellow and black and the red and black, right?

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 837
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 833
Got it hooked up and figured out that I don't need the green, white and red wires, so I cut them off.

Still not sure if I should remove the plastic shrink wrap though? For now I've left it on and double side taped it to the bottom with the heat sink facing down. Got 1' of snow last night so probably won't get a chance to try it out today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 797
That installation should be fine, but I would point the antenna out the right side instead of the back based on the success of some other posters here (and probably change it to a cloverleaf type). Normally the shrink wrap stays on these little transmitters for protection, although sometimes you need to trim it back to reach dip-switches.

Is there a plug an play cable for the Boscam transmitter like there is for the immersion RC transmitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what that exactly means and don't have an immersion. It came with a cable that plugs into the vtx but I had to solder the wires to the iosd mini and the phantom. I pulled the can bus and isod mini up into the phantom with just the vtx outside as shown.

but I would point the antenna out the right side instead of the back based on the success of some other posters here (and probably change it to a cloverleaf type)
Is right the best way for sure? It would closer to the compass. Might try it as is since it's already installed. I don't plan on using it for long range. Just to line up shots. I bought a couple of clover leaf antennas but wanted to try the stock to see how they do first.

Either side is probably better than out the back.. I say right side because that has been tested for long range clarity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl